RAM 1500 TRX dead after MY2024

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ASR

Reaction score
I have owned both.... a Raptor (2017) and a 22 TRX. Seriously, everything has its pros and cons but both are amazing trucks!!!! Too bad the V8 options are now ridiculously priced.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
He's saying your Gen 1 is an old piece of s h i t.

Same guy who's never been in a Gen 1.
dumbáss. My neighbor’s adult kid bought a Jen Juan, I’d like to think with my influence, so yes, I have been in a Jen Juan.

Now, show me where I’ve typed here on FRF that the Jen Juan is a POS, please. We’ll wait.

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aside from the diehard Ram guys, the only reason anyone ditched their Raptor was for the SCV8. With the V8 gone, the TRX trim will be axed within one model year, especially if they keep the price high. For most of TRX existence you could get one for 10k under sticker.

It would be interesting to know how many people went from Raptor to TRX and back to Raptor. I bet that number is high.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
ain't gonna lie, my simple basic 13' raptor interior was built better than any current gen 2-3 raptor.
This is not true. I have owned all 3 gens at the same time. I like the gen 2 the best, other than the smaller screen. Gen 1 is good but not even the same area code.

MikeyP87

Reaction score
Aside from the diehard Ram guys, the only reason anyone ditched their Raptor was for the SCV8. With the V8 gone, the TRX trim will be axed within one model year, especially if they keep the price high. For most of TRX existence you could get one for 10k under sticker.

It would be interesting to know how many people went from Raptor to TRX and back to Raptor. I bet that number is high.
I was saying this. The main selling point of the TRX was the motor. Then with the Raptor R having a better motor, the main selling point is the V8 + lower price. Now I'm sure they'll lower the price a little bit, but even then the Raptor is still better at truck stuff and the TRX doesn't have the selling point when competing again the V6 Raptor.

On paper a 3L I6 with 510hp sounds fantastic. But we all know this isn't a BMW S58. It's built by Chrysler and is a brand-new motor with not a lot of circulation; I'm not sure what kinks will need to be worked out.