Rally Cross

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This years stateline events have just been finalized, first event is April 10th, all events this year are at the Byron IL location.

The tracks are narrow and have some high berms on the outside of the corners, the locations used by stateline are SxS and MX tracks so very narrow with very tight corners, there is a lot of lock to lock steering (bad for your pump and rack) and its easy to hit one of the berms/ruts and knock your alignment off. Chicago group did one or 2 events last year and most agreed that spending time in rural areas was much more fun than on these short courses.

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you havn't done an event it can be fun, but as mentioned a lil planning and rural trails and roads are more suiting for us. By all means go out for the day if your free.

Here's a lap of the byron course, its changed slightly, but still several real tight turns. Next vid is of the couse via drone to get a better sense of the scale.

One of my laps

Drone footage of course, famous @~1:20 mark
[VIMEO]104827558[/VIMEO]

Byron park has 3 courses, the course u see in the beginning of the drone video with big jumps is the motocross only section, the back section (2 parts) is the area shown below. A lot of potential, but subarus were exploding body panels following our lines on the smallest of humps, so i dont see them opening more jump areas

11885789_491497917675914_5889887139487228191_o.jpg

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here is an update from State Line:

I wanted to let you guys know that Byron is making changes to the course to reduce the lock to lock turns, not much fun for anyone, and knock down more berms to widen parts for us too. All of which should make it more Raptor friendly. Byron and I are also open to having a big hump that is for Raptors only. In order to invest in making that hump we will need to see 5 or more trucks at our early events this year.

They are also starting to run events in Arkansas starting next weekend:

Rallycross South // March 13th, 2016 // Stateline Rallycross

Napp E Roots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome everyone sign up! I'm getting my numbers and screen name put on my truck tomorrow

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
image.jpg3_zps4zdc65oz.jpg

Rallycross is a blast! I still remember when the Event host walked us around the course and I said to him..."oh, us Raptors are going to get air over these ramps"...he looked at me, laughed a bit and said, "no you won't."

Guess again. :cool:

image.jpg4_zpsqstqqd31.jpg

Depending on the track, some of it may not be dirt either....

image.jpg7_zpsiblylgzp.jpg

image.jpg1_zpso2rkf1r5.jpg

And as you can see our 6k pound beasts fair pretty damn well against cars half our weight.

image.jpg1_zpscy0ooelt.jpg

Last edited: