GEN 2 Radio Update question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Keller Steeler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The update is to go to Sync 3 version 3. It fixes some bugs like the black screen lockup and adds some features like Alexa.

To do it via WiFi your Raptor's Sync needs to connect DIRECTLY to WiFi, not through your phone. It is VERY slow, you have to be in Park with Raptor powered up the whole time. You have to be in range of your WiFi. I parked in my backyard next to the bedroom where my WiFi router is and was able to update some smaller patches but not the Version 3 update. I tried using USB method but the Ford s/w would not download to the USB drive. The Ford Owner website said to call Owner Support for assistance. They opened a ticket to have the Dealer do it at No Charge!

If someone would like me to post how to connect your Sync directly to WiFi just let me. I think its under the general settings menu.

Team Ford in Las Vegas did the work along with the seat belt recalls. All no charge. Team Ford has an OUTSTANDING Service Dept! I didn't even buy my Raptor there, its from TN. Very nice Service Advisor, no BS, truck was done early, even washed and cleaned inside. No issues. This was last Oct. Ford may have fixed the Owner Website USB Version 3 Download now. Its worth doing. I have not had a single black screen lock since installing Sync 3.3. Also, the new Alexa App / icon is cool. Allows you to access your Media files. Works with Android and Apple Smartphones with Amazon Music. Just say Alexa Play (whatever song) and it finds and plays it on Amazon Music. If you just say Artist Name it will give you a Playlist by that Artist. Very cool
Thanks, but I already had the 3.3 version on the system. I have not seen the message in two days. The person on the chat said that it may take a few days to be logged that whatever download was complete. Maybe it was a small patch. I did have an issue this morning where XM stopped working and my apple play would not work.. Chat told me to reboot - I didn’t have to since they worked fine when I left work tonight.

usurper

Reaction score
I have the same issue. 2019 Raptor says there's an update - but when I connect via wifi, hit "check for updates", I get nothing back. Can leave the vehicle running, in Park, connected to wifi and it's doing nothing after a version check. Enabled FordPass (in-truck LTE) and no change either. Website says I'm up to date. Truck says it's Version 3.3, Build 18266_PRODUCT. Website says I'm up to date, and it's showing the 4U5T-14G381-AK build number. Anyone else dealing with the same issue?

FastEddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I seem to have same issue. I have Sync v 3.3, and there is no update available, yet it comes up with the message that says it needs to update. WTH?

Drew1204

Reaction score
Are there any updates to this?

My 2017 raptor is stuck on Sync Version 3.0, build 18093 and I am unable to update.

Gracenote 1.1.1.1139 (NA-0010)

It is currently at the Ford dealer...

The Ford dealer is saying that it is showing up to date for them and they use some direct plugin API thing or something?

What is the most recent build # and how can I help them get it to update?

Drew1204

Reaction score
Ford dealer called back and said there isn't a direct way that ford provides for them to update directly?

It has been stuck on 18093 and unable to update by WIFI or USB since 18093 came out...

They are thinking the "A PIN" (I may be spelling that wrong) is incorrect?