GEN 2 Radio Update question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor18Actual

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went online to download the file for USB and it says there are no updates. I am getting the same message at startup.

Wanted to update from 17xxx to 18093 and owner.ford.com was saying my Sync was up to date. I think I remember that I had to talk to someone on chat for them to link me to a download file.

Keller Steeler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wanted to update from 17xxx to 18093 and owner.ford.com was saying my Sync was up to date. I think I remember that I had to talk to someone on chat for them to link me to a download file.
Chat just said my software was up to date and there is nothing to download. I asked why the message pops up saying there is an update that needs to downloaded, they said sometimes it takes awhile to fully report the install has been completed. On their end it shows the software update is completed.

Raptor18Actual

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chat just said my software was up to date and there is nothing to download. I asked why the message pops up saying there is an update that needs to downloaded, they said sometimes it takes awhile to fully report the install has been completed. On their end it shows the software update is completed.

Hmm, not sure then. When you're on your update history page, what version does it have you at? I think JR3T-14G381-AM is the latest

BigCarrot

Reaction score

My 2019 is doing the same thing, and it is super annoying! I also tried to download an update, but it says I have the latest version. :facepalm::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Hawaiian Time

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The update is to go to Sync 3 version 3. It fixes some bugs like the black screen lockup and adds some features like Alexa.

To do it via WiFi your Raptor's Sync needs to connect DIRECTLY to WiFi, not through your phone. It is VERY slow, you have to be in Park with Raptor powered up the whole time. You have to be in range of your WiFi. I parked in my backyard next to the bedroom where my WiFi router is and was able to update some smaller patches but not the Version 3 update. I tried using USB method but the Ford s/w would not download to the USB drive. The Ford Owner website said to call Owner Support for assistance. They opened a ticket to have the Dealer do it at No Charge!

If someone would like me to post how to connect your Sync directly to WiFi just let me. I think its under the general settings menu.

Team Ford in Las Vegas did the work along with the seat belt recalls. All no charge. Team Ford has an OUTSTANDING Service Dept! I didn't even buy my Raptor there, its from TN. Very nice Service Advisor, no BS, truck was done early, even washed and cleaned inside. No issues. This was last Oct. Ford may have fixed the Owner Website USB Version 3 Download now. Its worth doing. I have not had a single black screen lock since installing Sync 3.3. Also, the new Alexa App / icon is cool. Allows you to access your Media files. Works with Android and Apple Smartphones with Amazon Music. Just say Alexa Play (whatever song) and it finds and plays it on Amazon Music. If you just say Artist Name it will give you a Playlist by that Artist. Very cool