GEN 2 Radiator hose came off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eraserhead97

Reaction score
Hello everyone. First time posting here. I have 2017 Ford Raptor almost (160,000miles) I was on my way home and I thought I would floor it since the road was empty. I heard I pop in the front then my car started overheating I drove for one 1 km until the red engine overheating alert. (it reached almost 128 then I switched off the truck) The car radiator hose came off and the coolant gushed all over the engine bay. I hope I didn’t harm my engine. The truck has stock location intercooler, CAI and downpipes not tuned.

Attachments

• IMG_5806.png
    IMG_5806.png
    692 KB · Views: 16

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF
That’s not a usual type of failure. Was the radiator out or disconnected ?
As long as you didn’t continue driving after the engine temperature light came on, you should be fine once the leak is resolved.

OP
OP
E

eraserhead97

Reaction score
Welcome to FRF
That’s not a usual type of failure. Was the radiator out or disconnected ?
As long as you didn’t continue driving after the engine temperature light came on, you should be fine once the leak is resolve
I didn’t touch the radiator. I installed the intercooler 2 weeks ago. The guy told the water pump needs to be replace later. It’s not completely worn out you can drive the car. Also I think the thermostat was acting weird meaning is when I let go off the gas while turning the engine temperature drops. Took it to the garage apparently from the pressure in the radiator the hose came off. Will be replacing the water pump too. Thank you for responding