RADAR Detectors!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Lasers are effective around 800 ft. Cops like using them 1500 ft out. First strike gives you a few seconds to reduce speed before the guy gets a lock. He's aiming at your head lights and/or front tag. DON't run a front tag ;)

Umm....********. I've had 4 tickets from lasers...the 2 highest were over 1200 feet.

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Even with all the gps and live stuff there are still times the ****** system can let you down. The V1 has also let me down on occasion. I won't go into them because each encounter is different and a smart cop will use the weaknesses of radar and laser detection agenst us. There are pros and cons to each system and the V1 works well for me but no unit is perfect in my opinion. It all comes down to making a unit that has the best of the V1 and ****** and a laser blocker all in one.

I know the V1 has lots of falses but in my area there are lots of cops that know to hide in those areas so the directional arrows and the hit counter really help. Laser is another story that I need to address on its own since Michigan state police are using laser almost exclusively.

Last edited:

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
to each their own. its a matter of preferance now. use what works for you. ****** works for me, thats why we are ****** dealers. they are both good companies so for what its worth dont let negative answers get in the way of your descision of which detector you want.

billybob974

Reaction score
I've got both the V1 and the Passport 9500ix. I've had the 9500ix since 2009 but recently purchased the V1 when the sound quit working on my 9500ix. For me the V1 is way too sensitive when driving around town, other than that it works flawlessly. Some spots i drive through it picks up 4-5 bogeys and all the arrows are lit up. I'm thinking of sending my 9500ix back to fix the sound issue and getting rid of the V1.

OP
OP
I

integrity

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got both the V1 and the Passport 9500ix. I've had the 9500ix since 2009 but recently purchased the V1 when the sound quit working on my 9500ix. For me the V1 is way too sensitive when driving around town, other than that it works flawlessly. Some spots i drive through it picks up 4-5 bogeys and all the arrows are lit up. I'm thinking of sending my 9500ix back to fix the sound issue and getting rid of the V1.

I like the honesty in this post. Well im sold on ****** 9500 when the time comes.... thanks guys! Mostly GREAT info!!

HoustonRider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, been slackin lately.

I didn't know you could use ****** Live with the Redline

The redline is a more "hardcore" detector. I'm nt sure of the range of each, I believe the Redline edges out the 9500 in distance. I've had em both side by side and Readline beats it every time ( there are some YouTube videos doing these types of tests)

The 9500 has GPS, you can "mark" spots (anything really, doesn't have to be a radar trap).

If you tie it to Live you can get others alerts as well, assuming it works well.

****** has a forum that this subject is discussed 100x a day. It goes on and on. Spend some time on that forum and dig thru the discussions ;).

Sent from my Truck

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
Sorry, been slackin lately.

I didn't know you could use ****** Live with the Redline

The redline is a more "hardcore" detector. I'm nt sure of the range of each, I believe the Redline edges out the 9500 in distance. I've had em both side by side and Readline beats it every time ( there are some YouTube videos doing these types of tests)

The 9500 has GPS, you can "mark" spots (anything really, doesn't have to be a radar trap).

If you tie it to Live you can get others alerts as well, assuming it works well.

****** has a forum that this subject is discussed 100x a day. It goes on and on. Spend some time on that forum and dig thru the discussions ;).

Sent from my Truck

HR, when u gonna get another Raptor?:rondod:

---------- Post added at 08:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 AM ----------

Just noticed your sig. Still lists the Raptor but I thought you sold it?

gordhunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys bought the ****** 9500ix today with the blend mount and mirror tap

Sent from my Note2