RADAR Detectors!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My review... I ran a V1 since '98, and got a updated one in 2010. I went to a 9500xi a year later, and ran both this and the V1 side by side for over a month. The V1 is still the best detector out there in terms of distance and identifying the location of the threat. Although... the GPS lock-in/ignore of local x band and automatic doors, plus the red light camera notification with the 9500ix trumps it all. I recently pulled up to a light with a V1 guy next to me and the all too familiar beeps going off, Boy was I relieved to be free of that.

IMO if you use this daily, go with the 9500ix. If it is simply for a sunday car or roadtrips Id go V1

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have had the V1--great product 10 years ago. The Redline plus the ****** Live pretty much leave it in the dust. Try it and you be the judge.

OP
OP
I

integrity

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want the best detector that ****** builds get the Redline and use ****** Live.. Then you get the GPS functions as well...

I assume you cannot get shifters with Redline plus ****** live?? Im hoping shifters would be an option with that set up.......

Slacker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my 9500xi with hardwired live cord installed today. Will report back how it does on the drive to Florida next week. 9500ci is just too much for me.

Sliver Raptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Been running mine (described the set up earlier in the thread) in VA all week and no issues. Just saying for those in the **** driving states...

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Just got done driving 10 hours this morning from Gulf Shores, AL back to TX and must say that I cannot wait to get a 9500ci installed in the Raptor. So sick of the damn false alarms from the V1 especially from Audis/Porsches that have the K band light up like a Christmas tree from the K-band (POP) setup on the lane departure warning system. I know I could turn off the POP on the V1, but TXDPS love to use POP radar especially on my route from Houston to College Station.

Anyone know when exactly the patent for the directional capabilities on the V1 expires? I don't want to buy a 9500ci only for it to be outdated later this year.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
9500ci wont be outdated. it can be updated through usb. also it has a pop detection in the settings

Gotcha. But, will the actual display be different if they add arrows?

Also, do you know if the POP detection on the 9500ci react the same as the POP detection on the V1 to Audi/Porsche/BMW? To give you an idea, it goes crazy with multiple K-band detections from forward, beside, and behind for up to a half-mile behind the vehicle. It gets old and makes it impossible to distinguish a real threat in the opposing vehicle's presence.