RADAR Detectors!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hmm---drive more hwy miles than most but no bugs on my ****** Live. Works like a charm..

I have had no issues (so far) with my 9500ci and ****** live.. Works great then add waze to it, damn near driving perfection..

-Greg (aka squatting dog)

What kind of phones do you have? Most of the issues have been reported with the Android, not the iPhone.

Also, how fast does it drain your phone's battery with the GPS on the whole time you are driving?

Thanks,

TxRaptor

Last edited:

Slacker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use the ****** with an iPhone 5. Zero issues. Does require being plugged in though or it will eat my battery in a couple of hours.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Droid Razr Maxx..

Today was the first day it double alerted at red light camera.. It has been rock steady... It eats the battery pretty fast unless it is plugged in..

Which is fine, because it connects to sync and read and sends text messages without any issues.

blockdoc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The EL cord has a USB port to keep the phone plugged in.

It's worked well for me. Not enough users here to do it, but great when I travel. Only 1 bug - people will report a cop while driving, and it tags that as a static location. So when you pass that spot, you've already passed the cop. The RD would pick him up already anyway, so it's a minor point.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yep... I noticed that also.. They will behind an officer and keep reporting him all the way down the highway... Here it is pretty easy to spot, because you will see a line of reports all around same time..

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yep. ****** has ****** live. works great.

just an fyi. eacort holds 85% of all the patents for radar detectors. and we are ****** dealers