GEN 1 Quick question factory fox shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nesc204

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not real sure, I haven't seen anything about it either, I'm no engineer but in my head as the shock goes through it's travel (compressing), the IFP is compressing the nitrogen so it would read a higher pressure at part/full travel...
That's why I'm asking. I'm assuming it's a separate reservoir, if so then it wouldn't matter, unlike the struts I service on Aircraft, for example I'll service a NLG strut at 245 psi at full extension on a Large Cabin Gulfstream but with weight on wheels its in the THOUSANDS. But just want to be 100 percent sure

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Makes sense! Given that, it should be the same for these, whether it's the fronts with the Internal Floating Piston or the rear with the external reservoir, the nitrogen charge is separated from the shock fluid by the floating piston and gets compressed as shock fluid flows into the oil side of the chamber as the shock compresses; might not be quadruple digits but I do think it will be higher (possibly exponentially) as more weight is on it. Gas can compress, fluid can't...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc