GEN 1 Quick question factory fox shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lswhat

Reaction score
New to the off road scene cant seem to find the answer to this question. What pressure are you guys running for your factory gen1 2.5 fox shocks front and rear?? Thanks for any help.

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No problem. Correct front and back same. Be advised, the stock shocks use a weird-ass rubber pellet that's supposedly self-healing and a needle to charge the nitrogen (it HAS to be nitrogen); you can upgrade to normal schrader valves from Forged, well worth doing. Also, if you're seeing low pressures on any one or all shocks you're probably better off rebuilding them (ideally yourself with the DIY thread stickied in this section, it's not that hard) instead of just charging the nitrogen as the charge is either bleeding out into the atmosphere or is emulsifying the shock oil so it'll just get worse until that seal is replaced. Good luck.

Nesc204

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this is a old thread but is the 200 psi with the truck on the lift or on the ground with weight on wheels

Nesc204

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For me it was with the shock on a bench...
Thank you for the quick response. Is there any way to find out if its different with weight on wheels? Not having any luck searching so far

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not real sure, I haven't seen anything about it either, I'm no engineer but in my head as the shock goes through it's travel (compressing), the IFP is compressing the nitrogen so it would read a higher pressure at part/full travel...