Question to those with King's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
Do you like them? Do you feel like the benefit offroad is worth the money? Have you had any issues with them?

I know I am big on stock shocks, but I have a deal on a set that's hard to pass up.

Let me know what you think.

pappawheely

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess all the guys running Kings are too busy having fun with their trucks.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
If you have a good deal jump on it! If you don't like them you can always sell them. Might even make a bit more if it's a real good deal.

BigScott

Banned
Reaction score
I guess you already know King shocks came from Custer shocks of the old days.
Custer was "THE" shock of racers.
I think Brett and his dad worked at Custer then something happened to Custer and then King shocks was formed. Sometime mid 90"s
Now FOX has been in the game since the early 70"s mostly motorcycle stuff, I was a young lad and remember that.

If you have a good or Great deal I think you would be happy with King shocks

I have Fox 3.0 front and rear, Yes much better over stock.

Last edited:

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trey:

I have Kings on both Raptors. On my daily, it is a night and day difference. In the dirt, it is a night and day difference. Kings are the best aftermarket shocks. DO IT. They also smooth out the street. Hell, they smoothed out Arkansas.

Allied Offroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do not have kings on my raptor, however both of my last 2 trucks had them (one had 2.5/12s ). The fact that they are completely user serviceable,and user tuneable make them a very wise choice. Every time I had a question or didn't know how to do something, I could call king and they were super cool to me, and helped me out. They even post videos on how to rebuild their shocks. I have heard quite the opposite about fox. This is a no brainer. If you do not get them please pass the deal on to someone else. Preferably me!

OP
OP
treypal

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
I passed on the set. Another forum member got a great deal. Eventually I am going 3.0. Most likely fox, for reasons I'd rather not bring up, the first rule of product hook-ups. You don't talk about product hook-ups...

BigScott

Banned
Reaction score
I passed on the set. Another forum member got a great deal. Eventually I am going 3.0. Most likely fox, for reasons I'd rather not bring up, the first rule of product hook-ups. You don't talk about product hook-ups...

I cannot see much difference between a 3.0 Fox and 3.0 King shock. Maybe there is on internals, but how many of us Raptor owners are really going to be able to tell a difference. For extreme off road racing needs maybe there is a slight advantage for one brand or another. It boils down to the old Ford vs Chevy vs Dodge arguement. Some are Fox supporters, some are King supporters, and then there are the Icon supporters.
Your statement has ALOT to do with it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randigitty