Question on power release tailgate warranty fix?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
yeah, who hasn’t done that trick?

working as designed, but you would be surprised at what a gentle laying of the gate onto some solid surface does to the paint, because the tailgate is heavy...

My truck doesn't fit in the garage, at least not without rearrange things and possibly damaging her backwall, so I haven't had this issue. I did have it with an SUV with a lift gate. I 'solved' the issue by putting some foam insulation/ weather stripping on the horizontal supports along the garage door that would get hit during accidental openings.

JoeSC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You know, since about 2005 it has amazed me what they can do with a software update.

Back in 1988 to 1995 when an emissions recall required a "recalibration " we had to replace the entire PCM.

Come 1996 and OBD II, software updates came at us by the dozen

The best one ever, 1994 1/2 -1995 7.3 PSD left the factory with both EEC IV and OBD II connectors. EEC IV was live OBD II dead. In 1996 update was released to update all 7.3 PSD to OBD II diagnostics.

Truck would drive in with EEC IV diagnostics and leave with OBD II.

EEC IV was extremely limited in data.

With in about 10 minutes you went from next to no data to so much data you couldn't comprehend it.

You young guys have no idea how good you have it.
I wouldn't consider myself an old guy—I'm only 38. That said, my first car was a 1968 Mustang (200 ci so don't get too excited). What's data? :Big Laugh:

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If those years already have the corrected harness why am I getting letters from ford about the recall fix, their records would show I’m a late model 2020?
See post #23. It’s essentially extended coverage with an inspection/repair procedure in the event that a water leak was causing a the issue.