Question for all you Leadfoot Owners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pierceography

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm curious to know the cost of a ceramic coating, since I'm very particular about scratches/swirls as well. Can anyone share an approximate cost, and the brand that worked well for them?

My Raptor isn't in for awhile, so would like to plan my budget.

Thanks!

BLACK_RAPTOR

Reaction score
$650 for 3 stage paint correction & $500 for coating.

I'm curious to know the cost of a ceramic coating, since I'm very particular about scratches/swirls as well. Can anyone share an approximate cost, and the brand that worked well for them?

Thanks!

pierceography

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$650 for 3 stage paint correction & $500 for coating.

That's a little more than I was hoping for, but given what goes into the coating, the cost seems justified.

I'm thinking I may go with a lighter color (white) to avoid the absolute necessity of a coating or wrap.

Thanks for the info!

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking I may go with a lighter color (white) to avoid the absolute necessity of a coating or wrap.

Seriously?! It's a truck guys. Use it. No one gives a shit if there's a swirl mark in your paint...except you and some nerdy twit holding putty in his hand.

pierceography

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seriously?! It's a truck guys. Use it. No one gives a shit if there's a swirl mark in your paint...except you and some nerdy twit holding putty in his hand.

"except you". You said it right there. I care... and my opinion is the only one that carries any weight.

I'm simply looking for information on the wrap details. If you don't have anything constructive to offer (which you didn't), then perhaps just ease off that submit button.

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Thanks!

If you return to thinking about ceramic coating, note that they also get swirls and scratches

pierceography

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you return to thinking about ceramic coating, note that they also get swirls and scratches

Interesting, I had heard the opposite. So what’s the advantage of the coating then? Other than, of course, scratching the coating instead of the paint.