Question #6: Order accessories from dealer or not?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So when ordering accessories from Ford, which ones are good deals and preferred to have come with delivery and which are not? Specifically looking at the spray in bed liner and Bedrug. Can these be bought at a better price afterwards? Is Ford trusted to do these? Anything else I need to buy from Ford at time of purchase?

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You seldom get a good, or even a “fair to below average” deal when buying aftermarket parts from a dealer. Sure they will let you roll them into the price of the truck, but if you are financing it, the added interest makes those parts cost even more than a fair to below average deal from a reputable vendor on this forum.

It took me about 2 months to put together my list of parts by reading this forum and talking to vendors. In the end, I saved thousands of dollars over buying them through a Ford dealer.

OP
OP
911 Crazy

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is buying the beadlocks at $2000 for 5 from the dealer a good deal rather than adding them later if need be?

Proflyer

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the Ford 'tough bed' or whatever in mine. I'd say it is on par with other bed liners I've had over the years. You can get the truck done for about $500 I'd guess. No idea what the ford option costs.

OP
OP
911 Crazy

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the Ford 'tough bed' or whatever in mine. I'd say it is on par with other bed liners I've had over the years. You can get the truck done for about $500 I'd guess. No idea what the ford option costs.

Ford charges.......$500.