Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Question #20: Snow tires

Discussion in 'Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]' started by 911 Crazy, Sep 17, 2020.

1. NASSTY

NASSTY FRF Addict

I haven't found an all terrain that was better in snow. They are studdable too so they could be better. I haven't studded them. I've been running them on my Bronco for over 6 years and I ran them on my 2017 Raptor for 2 winters. Now I have a 2020 so I'm back on the stock KO2's. They are pretty good in snow, but not as good as Duratracs.

RotorHead695 and xrocket21 like this.
  2. Pat86B

Pat86B FRF Supporting Member Supporting Member

Opposite opinion: totally loved them in the snow. When every other truck was stuck in the parking lot last winter, I put the truck in “slippery” mode and it drove on the snow-packed road like it was summer.

3. DFS

DFS Full Access Member

I've got snow 4-5 months out of the year up to 24" overnight and have never had a problem with KO2. I guess everyone has different opinions, but I use mine in the snow a lot and have never been buried. Probably all relative to type and amount of snow. I deal with very light snow as temps are generally very low, no Sierra cement here.

Richard Hinsley and 911 Crazy like this.
  4. 911 Crazy

911 Crazy FRF Supporting Member Supporting Member

So the 315 width must not be a problem. I think I'll give them a go this winter and see. Heck, I've already paid for them.

isis, Pat86B and DFS like this.
  5. Pat86B

Pat86B FRF Supporting Member Supporting Member

And I was talking about filthy wet Chicagoland snow. The stuff that the KO2s would hate if it were water only. Drove better than any other vehicle with proper snow tires I’ve ever had (aka the Cayennes of this world)...

6. 04Ram2500Hemi

04Ram2500Hemi It's Just a Username

I haven't had a chance to run the truck in snow yet, but here's my brother's Colorado Z71 with the same tires we run (obviously a smaller size) and he loves them!

Attachment.jpg

7. xrocket21

xrocket21 FRF Addict

oh

Richard Hinsley and Donovan like this.
  8. Donmatteo

Donmatteo FRF Supporting Member Supporting Member

We have a house in Big Bear and the ko2's are considered r2 here and chains aren't needed going up and down the mountain by the CHP.

I've found them fine. Everyone is all over the place when it comes to tires though. It's all a personal preference. Try and if you like it, fine, if not, get a snow set.

9. 911 Crazy

That's saying something because the CHP loves to stop people and laugh while everyone is trying to figure out how to put on chains in the freezing cold!

Donmatteo likes this.
  10. 911 Crazy

Looks like where I drive all winter too. SOLD....and a hand full of Jackson's.....saved!

Donovan likes this.