Question #12: Flood Ford ESP; When to buy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NE Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am almost at the 36k mark and I am also considering the extended warranties, especially since we likely wont see a new raptor for a few years. I don't believe the shocks are covered though, I also could not find where the moon roof was covered. Did anyone else specifically see that? Mine is going in Monday for the moonroof repair which got stuck open last weekend.

Also didn't sound like any of the LED lights are covered. My 3 main concerns are moonroof, shocks, LED Lights....and none of those things seem to be covered.

Repairs Related to Your Maintenance Requirements – Items listed in your vehicle’s owner guide. Examples include: batteries of all types and cables, belts, hoses, hose clamps, brakes (front hub, drums, shoes, linings, disc rotors, pads), manual transmission clutch disc, exhaust system (includes catalytic converter), spark plugs, squeaks, rattles, tires, wheel balancing, wheel alignment, all lamps and lights (LED and HID lights, bulbs, sealed beam and lenses) except when purchased with New or Incomplete PremiumCARE Interior/Exterior Lighting Option, fogging of lamp assemblies, shock absorbers, service adjustments and cleaning, and scheduled maintenance services

link to the brochure - https://www.floodfordesp.com/pdf/PremiumCARE_Ford_ESP.pdf

Lupa

Reaction score
Extended warranties are neck and neck rivals with whole life insurance for the title of worst insurance products. For every person that has total claims paid that exceed the premiums they have paid there are literally thousands that do not. Quite simply insurance companies are in the business of making money and if they paid out more in claims than they received in premiums they wouldn't be in business for very long. ....AND financing an extended warranty, oh my word, talk about a terrible financial move. People shouldn't finance cars let alone an extended warranty.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Extended warranties are neck and neck rivals with whole life insurance for the title of worst insurance products. For every person that has total claims paid that exceed the premiums they have paid there are literally thousands that do not. Quite simply insurance companies are in the business of making money and if they paid out more in claims than they received in premiums they wouldn't be in business for very long.

I would LOVE to start an internet argument with you about this ... so ...

YOU’RE RIGHT!
so there.

In all seriousness, you’re correct, but for that matter, auto insurance is even more of a cash cow. Most people don’t need an extended warranty, unless you’re “That Guy”. I’ve made my wife purchase it on her last 2 vehicles, Nissan and subaru respectively. The Nissan warranty paid for itself, and I wish I’d made her buy a longer one because she paid more after that one started becoming a problem child. The ‘Roo has not been very problematic. I did this to help instill upon her that she needed to do routine maintenance or jeopardize the warranty she spent all that money on. I’m not sure it helps but she is pretty diligent about following the schedule.

wheelman55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am almost at the 36k mark and I am also considering the extended warranties, especially since we likely wont see a new raptor for a few years. I don't believe the shocks are covered though, I also could not find where the moon roof was covered. Did anyone else specifically see that? Mine is going in Monday for the moonroof repair which got stuck open last weekend.

Also didn't sound like any of the LED lights are covered. My 3 main concerns are moonroof, shocks, LED Lights....and none of those things seem to be covered.

Repairs Related to Your Maintenance Requirements – Items listed in your vehicle’s owner guide. Examples include: batteries of all types and cables, belts, hoses, hose clamps, brakes (front hub, drums, shoes, linings, disc rotors, pads), manual transmission clutch disc, exhaust system (includes catalytic converter), spark plugs, squeaks, rattles, tires, wheel balancing, wheel alignment, all lamps and lights (LED and HID lights, bulbs, sealed beam and lenses) except when purchased with New or Incomplete PremiumCARE Interior/Exterior Lighting Option, fogging of lamp assemblies, shock absorbers, service adjustments and cleaning, and scheduled maintenance services

link to the brochure - https://www.floodfordesp.com/pdf/PremiumCARE_Ford_ESP.pdf
Moonroof is covered. I had mine repaired last week with the ESP. Repair was done at no charge to me.

Read the entire ESP document slowly, at least twice. Make a list of your questions. Then call Flood Ford for answers. They are knowledgeable. Do the work...

NE Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Moonroof is covered. I had mine repaired last week with the ESP. Repair was done at no charge to me.

Read the entire ESP document slowly, at least twice. Make a list of your questions. Then call Flood Ford for answers. They are knowledgeable. Do the work...

Good to know, I planned to call them and clarify. You are outside of your factory 36k?

OP
OP
911 Crazy

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You'll find the answers to nearly every question you've had using the search tool.

And I do before most questions but there is always new information available on most things. Plus they are not "Official" questions.

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I shopped a few weeks back and Flood still had the best price by around $100 or so. I just emailed them over the weekend and asked them if they ever have any sales, I'll see what they say. Sometimes it pays to dangle your ****** a little. Maybe they have an extra point or two left on the table.

Maybe a group buy from them? I wouldn’t be able to buy in until I have my truck late summer.

Hdscreens

Reaction score
I was just thinking of this 2 days ago but my transfer case gave out at around 6500 miles about 2 yrs ago which was repaired under factory warranty. However, when I order the raptor I added the front Torsen diff. Should, I be concerned the torsen diff did not go back in but rather a standard diff went in when transfer case was repaired?

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was just thinking of this 2 days ago but my transfer case gave out at around 6500 miles about 2 yrs ago which was repaired under factory warranty. However, when I order the raptor I added the front Torsen diff. Should, I be concerned the torsen diff did not go back in but rather a standard diff went in when transfer case was repaired?

The Torsen diff is in the front axle, not in the transfer case.