Quality tint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

txgunsntrucks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
https://lexenfilm.com/products/koolmax-2ply-supreme-ceramic-window-film-roll

Just passing on some good info.

So my neighbor decided to do some of his own tint. found this company that sells direct.

Quality ceramic in various %

We actually just did my sunroof with the 15% (because sunroofs exploding due to tint is bs).
not that difficult to do with two people.

Take a look at the pricing. 40inches x 50ft for $150------hell yes.

This is the shit that would cost you $600 to just do one vehicle.

If you are willing to go through a short learning curve you can do a whole lot of tinting on your vehicle, and your home, for a fraction of the price. get a "tint kit" off amazon with the various pieces in it for like $15 bucks

All of the windows in my west facing master bedroom are done with this in 50%. night and day heat difference, not to mention cuts the glare nicely. Doing home windows is much easier than vehicle windows, and an extra pair of hands is always beneficial.

video at the bottom of the link is worth watching.

Last edited:

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My whole upstairs of the house is tinted 40%

Vehicles are 5% (sunroof included, agree about the exploding glass is BS)

Tinting is (in my mind) very easy to screw up, so I’ve always paid to have a pro (same guy) do it.

DinduMcNugget

Full Access Member
Reaction score
https://lexenfilm.com/products/koolmax-2ply-supreme-ceramic-window-film-roll

Just passing on some good info.

So my neighbor decided to do some of his own tint. found this company that sells direct.

Quality ceramic in various %

We actually just did my sunroof with the 15% (because sunroofs exploding due to tint is bs).
not that difficult to do with two people.

Take a look at the pricing. 40inches x 50ft for $150------hell yes.

This is the shit that would cost you $600 to just do one vehicle.

If you are willing to go through a short learning curve you can do a whole lot of tinting on your vehicle, and your home, for a fraction of the price. get a "tint kit" off amazon with the various pieces in it for like $15 bucks

All of the windows in my west facing master bedroom are done with this in 50%. night and day heat difference, not to mention cuts the glare nicely. Doing home windows is much easier than vehicle windows, but still easier with an extra pair of hands.

video at the bottom of the link is worth watching.

Maybe a stupid question, but I’m interested in the tint on house windows aspect. Does it have the same kinda look to your house windows as a car would and does it give it kind of a tacky look (for lack of a better word) or is it something not really noticeable?

OP
OP
txgunsntrucks

txgunsntrucks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks great on the house. Not really noticeable. if you walked in and looked at the windows you would not guess it (with 50%) was tinted. however comparing the before heat and glare to the after it's very dramatic. 100% worth doing

Tinting can be easy to mess up. however the learning curve is sharp and doing flat home windows is actually pretty simple with another pair of hands to help.

We did my sunroof in one shot this morning, and I never did tint before.

The cost benefit is well worth it.

Last edited:

DarthKickA55

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So the story about tinting the sunroof is BS? I have never been able to get my tiny shops to do it for me. They have no problem tinting below the legal limit but whenever I ask about the sunroof they claim it is a liability issue.

OP
OP
txgunsntrucks

txgunsntrucks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the story about tinting the sunroof is BS? I have never been able to get my tiny shops to do it for me. They have no problem tinting below the legal limit but whenever I ask about the sunroof they claim it is a liability issue.

There have been sunroofs that have cracked for many reasons. I think that associating that issue to aftermarket tint is bs. That is my opinion, and it's not humble.

You'll have to make a decision and do whatever you want with your truck.

NayR

Reaction score
Tinted the sunroof for about $150 at a shop with XPEL. It’s been so nice with the ceramic tint, cuts down the heat a lot. Had a Lariat with no roof tint for comparison.

Hope I didn’t jinx myself on the exploding sunroof for mentioning it’s been ok so far.

OP
OP
txgunsntrucks

txgunsntrucks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tinted the sunroof for about $150 at a shop with XPEL. It’s been so nice with the ceramic tint, cuts down the heat a lot. Had a Lariat with no roof tint for comparison.

Hope I didn’t jinx myself on the exploding sunroof for mentioning it’s been ok so far.

sweet. A good example of learning to do this yourself is I bought 50 feet of quality ceramic tint for the same price............and used 19 inches to do my sunroof.

DarthKickA55

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

There have been sunroofs that have cracked for many reasons. I think that associating that issue to aftermarket tint is bs. That is my opinion, and it's not humble.

You'll have to make a decision and do whatever you want with your truck.

Thanks for the feedback - I typically use one of two high-end tint shops and neither would install anything on the sunroof (as mentioned - they claim liability reasons), but am going to call around next week to some less-known shops and hopefully get the sunroof tinted. Good to know you have not had issues. I rarely open the cloth screen on my sunroof because it is too bright and hot - would be nice to use the sunroof for a change.

OP
OP
txgunsntrucks

txgunsntrucks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am the same way. Just kept the the screen closed because it is too bright.

I put 15% on it. looks like it will be adequate. would have done 5% but my neighbor had 15%. so yay free also.

I don't get why tint shops do that. It's as easy as telling you beforehand with a disclaimer, if it cracks they are not liable. not hard. Again, I think that is bs anyhow.

Last edited: