Putting it in 4x4 mode

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Keshka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
....knowing the libtards, try this idea. Dodge did that for liability reasons. The traction control and directional stability systems have a better chance of preventing ...well, all the fun stuff you just listed. Keeping the "send it" idjits in check.

Me? Like Bugs Bunny once said "if I do'd it I get a whoopin'. I do'd it anyway!"

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You tell me why they wouldn’t offer 2wd then? Or…go on a trackhawk forum & see how they hold up for owners that have pulled the fuse allowing em to run 2wd & do those Smokey burnouts….

Trackhawk aside, It would especially make sense for the TRX to allow 2wd driving to help improve the abysmal gas mileage (im sure 2wd only would yield an extra 2-3mpg, significant for something that averages 9-10mpg mixed) & it would probably be a better option for towing. It would also be more fun in Baja type conditions, those pre-runner trucks are typically 2wd right?

I do crazy figure eight drifting donuts on packed gravel lots in my Raptor, & if I had a TRX that I could throw into 2wd you better believe I’d be doing even crazier drifting antics on that lot w/ the TRX haha
Simple way to fix that … just pull the front drive shaft. Im sure the trx would be fine. The semi float dana 60 rear and ZF trans are both pretty robust. I guess perhaps yea the front axle shafts would be vulnerable given angles and travel but those are equally vulnerable on a Raptor. So yea im not a trx fan boy but I'm not buying that it was built with a fragile drive train. Dont forget a lot of goons fit spacers and lifts with big tires on trx . That is probably responsible for more driveline breaks than anything else.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Simple way to fix that … just pull the front drive shaft. Im sure the trx would be fine. The semi float dana 60 rear and ZF trans are both pretty robust. I guess perhaps yea the front axle shafts would be vulnerable given angles and travel but those are equally vulnerable on a Raptor. So yea im not a trx fan boy but I'm not buying that it was built with a fragile drive train. Dont forget a lot of goons fit spacers and lifts with big tires on trx . That is probably responsible for more driveline breaks than anything else.

We are talking about the rear drivetrain components not being up to task to taking the full brunt of 700+hp to the rear wheels only, I already know the front end can’t handle the power w/o distributing the bulk of the power to the rear lol

The 1/2 shafts/axles, yoke & pinion, rear driveshaft & diff is what they’re worried about most likely

This is why ALL that stuff gets upgraded when you go to a heavy duty 2500 Cummins

I can’t think of ONE logical reason (other than protecting drivetrain components long term) for the TRX to not offer a 2wd setting. I can think of plenty of reason why they WOULD want to have it available - esp knowing the Raptor does, the power wagon does too….

Nope…only logical reason I can muster is they were worried about TRX owners grenading those components on the street doing hard launches/burnouts/towing etc