Purchasing 2018 Tomorrow—Carfax shows work done

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vince7870

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck runs great. Are you saying you bought yours with zero miles on it? Woah!

Mine had 5 miles on it, they filled up tank for me. I have a thing about my new car/trucks...I only buy new untouched...unseen in test driven...my 13 and my 18! It was like the best presents I ever gave myself! Dealer was like you want me to show you around truck.....”nope”- get out! And goodbye!

D

Deleted member 12951

In fact, I've read multiple times Carfax doesn't learn of issues without a police report being filed under the VIN.

Simply untrue car fax pulls info from a bunch of different sources

Not true at all. In California there are no police reports for accidents unless someone is injured. They won't even come if you ask them too :rolleyes:

Shops sell their data to Carfax and make money on it. Other stuff is free from the DMV. I had my frame swapped and I went to a shop that refuses to sell their data to Carfax. I've heard of other shops that will not record it to Carfax and always give them a nice tip. I wouldn't trust everything you see on Carfax. Carfax is a business like any other big business and only cares about making a profit and not about protecting you because they then have to pay a claim that like insurance companies, would rather not.

1roadking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sounds legit and if it still had issues you would know about it by now, so congrats enjoy it:)

757Nomad

Reaction score
Congrats on the truck. Where are you in NC. I found a deal in tidewater and got two dealers working against each other for a deal. Sometimes vehicles are funny, so is Carfax. Their information should only be a conversation starter with whomever you are purchasing a vehicle from. I was never a fan of the dealer demo programs, but you can get a "lightly" used, or at least low mileage vehicle for a solid deal if you negotiate well. I need to get a South East VA/NC raptor meet going.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
interesting. Had to check to see if this is a legit statement and it is.

I had 2016 RS that was recalled for the head-gasket debacle even though my RS had no issues. Ford removed the head and inspected the head and installed the correct gasket and the carfax just said:

Maintenance inspection completed
Engine checked
Vehicle washed/detailed
Cooling system checked

:)

I work for a dealer for 15 years. Factory warranty does not show up on Carfax! and why was the warranty done in the first place if no on ever drove that truck long enough to find out those problems? who complained ? I would stay away from that truck, something is not right here. Go buy a brand new one somewhere else.

OP
OP
I

immortal1

Reaction score
I bought in Charlotte but live in Northern Virginia. Yeah I busted them about the truck being worked on so much before it was sold so they hooked me up with a 7 yr/100k warranty for $999. Most trucks I saw had over 20 miles on the odometer especially by this time of the year when people have been tire kicking since January. I’m down, let’s get it going!

Congrats on the truck. Where are you in NC. I found a deal in tidewater and got two dealers working against each other for a deal. Sometimes vehicles are funny, so is Carfax. Their information should only be a conversation starter with whomever you are purchasing a vehicle from. I was never a fan of the dealer demo programs, but you can get a "lightly" used, or at least low mileage vehicle for a solid deal if you negotiate well. I need to get a South East VA/NC raptor meet going.

PBR ME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I work for a dealer for 15 years. Factory warranty does not show up on Carfax! and why was the warranty done in the first place if no on ever drove that truck long enough to find out those problems? who complained ? I would stay away from that truck, something is not right here. Go buy a brand new one somewhere else.
Also not true. Factory warranty CAN show up on car fax. I have a 2004 GT3 that had the pcm replaced early on under warranty and it’s on the car fax.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
North Carolina. I’ll see what I can do on the warranty.

On the bright side all this stuff was already trouble shot and repaired instead of me having to find it out for myself on a different truck.

Based on the traffic on here it’s seems like there are a fair amount of issues with these trucks in one flavor or another. Hopefully it stays trouble free!

I dont think there is a fair amount of issues with these trucks. 2017 with 25,000 miles and not a single issue. Have only changed oil and rotated tires. Would be pissed if there was anything else. I would never buy one with issues.