Purchasing 2018 Tomorrow—Carfax shows work done

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've read multiple times Carfax doesn't learn of issues without a police report being filed under the VIN.
Not true at all. In California there are no police reports for accidents unless someone is injured. They won't even come if you ask them too :rolleyes:

vince7870

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m going to pickup a SCREW tomorrow with 70 miles on it.

Checking Carfax showed the following:

1) Computer module replaced

2) Body electrical system checked
Radiator/condenser fan motor replaced
Engine/powertrain computer/module replaced

Is this normal recall/TSB repairs for a truck this age or a sign of things to come?

Thanks!!!

Run ...don’t walk away. There’s so many others with no issues

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just don't understand why you'd buy a Raptor used at all, personally. Let alone one with issues.

Last edited:

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Truck runs great. Are you saying you bought yours with zero miles on it? Woah!

I mean, it had 18 on the clock. But you know what I meant. I special ordered mine in July of 2016, and other than the idiot dealer tech I was the only one to drive it.

I'm not saying the truck is doomed - most likely just one-time kinks that are sorted out. But I'm particular enough with my truck that I don't want anyone else touching it if at all possible. Violated that rule twice already and it burned me both times. Considering our trucks don't depreciate much, and some guys beat on them really hard, new makes much more sense to me. Seen some people buy used G2s already that I know were beat up bad/were lemons.

OP
OP
I

immortal1

Reaction score
I hear ya. This was a new truck. Just had 80 miles on it instead of 18.

Another dealer tried to ask for MSRP on a new truck with 3,500 miles lol. As long it wasn’t titled they can sell it as new. Crazy market.

Overall I’m happy with purchase and I have 500 miles already on the ticker

Sheeepdog18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I work for a dealer for 15 years. Factory warranty does not show up on Carfax! and why was the warranty done in the first place if no on ever drove that truck long enough to find out those problems? who complained ? I would stay away from that truck, something is not right here. Go buy a brand new one somewhere else.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I work for a dealer for 15 years. Factory warranty does not show up on Carfax! and why was the warranty done in the first place if no on ever drove that truck long enough to find out those problems? who complained ? I would stay away from that truck, something is not right here. Go buy a brand new one somewhere else.

Did you read the thread?