Pulled the trigger on some generals.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you think those are heavy, my 37's are monsters and definitley a little sloppy for everyday driving.

Jake Y.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are heavy! But i swear mine saved a TJ owners life when he pulled out in front of me saw i was poised to T-bone him and chose "take hands off wheel and scream like a girl" as his response. The truck grabbed HARD and i missed him by inches! All in all i'm happy with mine.

AdkRaptor150

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking bout getting these tires because I kno my bfg at's will be done come summer. I drive alot on the highway so there def going to get eating up fast. I had the pro comp at's on my last truck and they were great but I was considering these because the price is def better. So the only complaints is that there alot heavier? Any noticable difference in mpg?

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And how's wet pavement performance. My BFG's were good at first but i have 18,000 now and they slip easily.

JimT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quite frankly I really like my General AT2 tires. They have great traction for an AT tire dont weight as much as the red letter and I'm getting great wear.

SOCOMech

Famous Raptor
Reaction score
I weighed mine before putting them on a couple of weeks ago......76lbs.. So a brand new red letter/Method combo came in at a svelt 105lbs. Ouch. Not too much more than a stock rim/bfg (97lbs.) but it's still rotating mass.

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I weighed mine before putting them on a couple of weeks ago......76lbs.. So a brand new red letter/Method combo came in at a svelt 105lbs. Ouch. Not too much more than a stock rim/bfg (97lbs.) but it's still rotating mass.

Soco are you running 35's or 37's?

Also gas anybody thought about filling their tires with a lighter gas? Like helium. Nitrogen is only slightly lighter as ambient air is about 76% nitrogen. You would never be able to notice the slight weight savings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc