PS has a cooler from factory?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bruiser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just blows my mind all this talk about “adding” a ps cooler and there was one there the whole time.

Either way if the pumps last longer with the additional cooler than it’s not like the factory one is keeping up, but still just really surprised.

well to be honest adding a larger Cooler is beneficial considering the stock on obv doesn't work well

J DAMAGE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the middle of replacing the ps pump. But I decided like many to buy a bigger reservoir and cooler. But as I’m looking at the lines the supply line coming out of the factory resevor goes straight into the thin cooler that sits in front of the radiator. But this is also the same cooler that the a/c lines run to.

so now I’m confused cause why would the ps lines go to there. And if they do hook to that cooler why tf would I need another cooler?

View attachment 149243

View attachment 149244

View attachment 149245

View attachment 149246

The top 2-4 rows of the radiator is used as power steering cooler, all us gen 1 owners that did the mod just added a cooler into the loop, as well as new reservoir, just to add more surface area out front for cooling with the hope of aiding to power steering pump life.