pros and cons running 37" tires on a gen 2 raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

canamds450

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hello i m loking for my next set of tires on my gen 2, wonder what would be the good and bad of running 37" tires on that truck

i already have icons at 2.25" rise

royCfus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pro - looks fantastic, better offroad
Con - Need taller rear springs ie +3 deaver or ICON. Fuel milage hit, speed, braking and handling performance loss, your gonna rub (if you drive as its meant to) unless you get fenders, wear and tear on drivetrain, cost more.

Last edited:

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put 37" KO2 tires on mine (picked KO2s to keep the weight down) and love the looks (I have Geiser and Deaver +3 springs). No downside for me.

I had an a senior gentleman politely roll down his window at a light and ask me why people lift their trucks like that with a very confused look on his face. He also muttered something about needing a step stool to get in. He didn't know it, but that was the best compliment that he could give me. I love how a Raptor drives and the look of lifted truck, so I now have the best of both worlds. After I chuckled for a second, I simply told him getting in and out of it will keep me young. He got a big smile on his face, chuckled, and drove off amused.

OP
OP
C

canamds450

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pro - looks fantastic, better offroad
Con - Need taller rear springs ie +3 deaver or ICON. Fuel milage hit, speed, braking and handling performance loss, your gonna rub (if you drive as its meant to) unless you get fenders, wear and tear on drivetrain, cost more.

ok, even tho with icons 2.25" rise on front 37" tires will rub on stock fenders?

500mag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep stock wheels if you don't want to rub. I have 37 inch KM3s on stock Beadlocks and a level kit, no rubbing at all.

royCfus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok, even tho with icons 2.25" rise on front 37" tires will rub on stock fenders?
Yes. There may be a smaller size 37 inch tire that has less rubbing on a stock wheel, however if you search the forms you’ll get different results from almost every person due to the infinite amount of combinations. Lower rear inner fender where the honeycomb is by the firewall and the top at the fender extension are two most common places. I have fuel zephyr +01mm offset on 37/12.5/17 Nitto ridge grapplers. No rubbing around town but off road it rubs at full travel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RAG13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an ADD front bumper and the front is leveled 2-1/2". I'm thinking of keeping the stock beadlocks on my 2019 and going with 37" tires. Do I need to do anything else to the truck to keep it driving the way it does now?

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Put 37" KO2 tires on mine (picked KO2s to keep the weight down) and love the looks (I have Geiser and Deaver +3 springs). No downside for me.

I had an a senior gentleman politely roll down his window at a light and ask me why people lift their trucks like that with a very confused look on his face. He also muttered something about needing a step stool to get in. He didn't know it, but that was the best compliment that he could give me. I love how a Raptor drives and the look of lifted truck, so I now have the best of both worlds. After I chuckled for a second, I simply told him getting in and out of it will keep me young. He got a big smile on his face, chuckled, and drove off amused.
What’s the weight diff between the stock 35” KO2 C rated & the 37” version you’re running?

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What’s the weight diff between the stock 35” KO2 C rated & the 37” version you’re running?
The difference is only 3 lbs per tire according to Tire Rack (66 vs 69 lbs). I was originally considering going with 37" Ridge Grapplers, but those reportedly weigh 81.5 for a weight gain of 15.5 lbs per wheel verses just 3 lbs to stay with the same tire.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter