GEN 2 Pros and Cons of Paint choice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When I bought, white was my 3rd choice after blue and red. Never had a white vehicle and I was skeptical when people said it was super easy to keep it looking good. Wow were they right.

I hose it off quickly and leave huge water spots all over the tuck. But it is so darn hard to see the water spots even when trying to find them. Dirt also doesn't look as bad as quickly on white. The dark appliqué looks horrible long before the rest of the white tailgate.

Blue was my top choice, but I saw one yesterday and the darker colors really mute the Raptor's aggressive bodywork. I can spot a light colored Raptor a mile away. With dark colors it might look like a Raptor, but if it has aftermarket wheels I need to get closer to make sure it's not just another lifted F-150 with big tires.

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I bought, white was my 3rd choice after blue and red. Never had a white vehicle and I was skeptical when people said it was super easy to keep it looking good. Wow were they right.

I hose it off quickly and leave huge water spots all over the tuck. But it is so darn hard to see the water spots even when trying to find them. Dirt also doesn't look as bad as quickly on white. The dark appliqué looks horrible long before the rest of the white tailgate.

Blue was my top choice, but I saw one yesterday and the darker colors really mute the Raptor's aggressive bodywork. I can spot a light colored Raptor a mile away. With dark colors it might look like a Raptor, but if it has aftermarket wheels I need to get closer to make sure it's not just another lifted F-150 with big tires.

My 2015 F150 Platinum in Platinum White looked clean all the time dirty or clean. Lol

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I spent less time fretting over which color Raptor to get than it took me to type this response.

Get what you want, they all look great.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
#blackraptorsmatter

94231d1511026775-2018-calendar-pictures-img_1776.jpg

IHAVETWO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last 2 raptors white.last superduty dark stone.hated it white much better

Dachuri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went Magnetic because it matches the trim and tailgate appliqué almost exactly. Truck looks great in all colors but I’m really happy with Magentic. Doesn’t show dirt too bad either.