Progress on my whipple install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
O

oplersx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They told me that on the phone, I may not heard all since I was walking on a busy street. When I go picking it up tomorrow (hopefully), I will get more details on this.

Well, that may be bad news for me then. I have a build date of early May 2014 and recently received a JDM Whipple kit that I plan to install myself. I will be very, very upset if I get my truck torn down in the garage and realize that I can't complete the install myself. You would think Whipple might add a notice to their website.

D

Deleted member 12951

Have you taken yours off-road much?

I've heard that there are probably quite a few folks that their cab has moved forward but didn't know it. Think there is even a thread here about it. My cab was moved about 1" forward but I know how that happened. Had to have every one of my insulators, bolts and nuts replaced. You wouldn't know it though, doors were perfect and everything open and shut without issues.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I've heard that there are probably quite a few folks that their cab has moved forward but didn't know it. Think there is even a thread here about it. My cab was moved about 1" forward but I know how that happened. Had to have every one of my insulators, bolts and nuts replaced. You wouldn't know it though, doors were perfect and everything open and shut without issues.

Hmm. Is there a way to prevent this. Something like a slot delete kit for cab bolts?

TulaneBME

Reaction score
They told me that on the phone, I may not heard all since I was walking on a busy street. When I go picking it up tomorrow (hopefully), I will get more details on this.

Definitely keep us updated. Out of curiosity, do you have a SCAB or a SCREW?

OP
OP
O

oplersx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did, but very "light" off-road compare to you guys :baby:

It's the way Ford build them according to whipple. Truth or not, I don't know....

---------- Post added at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

Screw

definitely keep us updated. Out of curiosity, do you have a scab or a screw?

Agent 00 L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, that may be bad news for me then. I have a build date of early May 2014 and recently received a JDM Whipple kit that I plan to install myself. I will be very, very upset if I get my truck torn down in the garage and realize that I can't complete the install myself. You would think Whipple might add a notice to their website.

Just do what the Lightning guys do and take a sledge to the firewall!

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed that lack of clearence during my initial reasearch on SC's. It played the biggest factor in my decision to not go Whipple...
I did not realize it could be as bad as what is described here. I simply feared engine torque over may create possible contact with the firewall at times.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can stick all my fingers with room behind the Whipple from on top and the sides on my truck.

I wonder why they pushed everything forward on some of the 2014s Raptors?
Maybe the retooling for the 2015 F150 with the aluminum bed changed some dimensions.

Last edited: