Procharged Gen 1 6.2 Raptor vs JDM Tuned Gen 2 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
xrocket21

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How long was the track?

Never seen that type of setup before.

Dirt drags at the local fair on the pulling ring which I think is 300 feet (660 feet is 1/8 mile)

minimal rules, just for fun. Classes were 2wd and 4wd and thats about it. it was a lot of fun and only cost $20. A built diesel pulling truck won and a subaru sti got second.

WHYUMAD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Regardless, the Gen 1 & Gen 2 are still slow.... but their suspension makes up for that. I still prefer my Gen 2 over the Gen 1 I had. It’s an all-around better truck.

OP
OP
xrocket21

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Regardless, the Gen 1 & Gen 2 are still slow.... but their suspension makes up for that. I still prefer my Gen 2 over the Gen 1 I had. It’s an all-around better truck.

quarter mile in the 13s for an offroad truck on 35s is slow?

what?

But yeah, the gen 1 is pretty slow.

WHYUMAD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
quarter mile in the 13s for an offroad truck on 35s is slow?

what?

But yeah, the gen 1 is pretty slow.

13’s is slow... It’s fast for what it is.. but diesels are running much faster 1/4’s at higher weights & with the ability to offroad (not as well as the Raptor perhaps; tradeoffs).

Honestly, if you have to say “for what it is” after anything, then it’s really not.. unless you include “for what it is”. I just like to mod anything I have... so a having a slow ass Jeep & Raptor is fine by me. There’s other toys for speed... that can’t offroad like the Jeep or Raptor of course.

I’m not trying to insult anyone really, just saying I’d hope someone wouldn’t think they could compete with a lightly modded new sports car... maybe the first 60-100’ on the street. 12’s are pretty normal now (back in the day, that was fast for stock terminators & GT500s)... The threshold of fast is more along the lines of mid-low 11’s nowadays. That’s just generally speaking.. not “for what it is” of course.

OP
OP
xrocket21

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
13’s is slow... It’s fast for what it is.. but diesels are running much faster 1/4’s at higher weights & with the ability to offroad (not as well as the Raptor perhaps; tradeoffs).

Honestly, if you have to say “for what it is” after anything, then it’s really not.. unless you include “for what it is”. I just like to mod anything I have... so a having a slow ass Jeep & Raptor is fine by me. There’s other toys for speed... that can’t offroad like the Jeep or Raptor of course.

I’m not trying to insult anyone really, just saying I’d hope someone wouldn’t think they could compete with a lightly modded new sports car... maybe the first 60-100’ on the street. 12’s are pretty normal now (back in the day, that was fast for stock terminators & GT500s)... The threshold of fast is more along the lines of mid-low 11’s nowadays. That’s just generally speaking.. not “for what it is” of course.

This is a pretty subjective argument... everyone has a different opinion.

Mid 11s may be fast to you, but not to someone else. Is 10s fast? 9s?

WHYUMAD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is a pretty subjective argument... everyone has a different opinion.

Mid 11s may be fast to you, but not to someone else. Is 10s fast? 9s?

To me.. 9’s is fast.

13’s is slow.. compared to your ~$30-35k stock Mustang GT of today & competitors popping off sub 4-sec 0-60’s & low 12 to mid 11 1/4 miles in stock form. Yes, they’re cars.. but again, the modded Gen 2 Raptor is fast “for what it is”.. which is a full bolt-on, 6 cylinder, 5000+lb offroad truck.

It is subjective... but I’d bet the consensus of most auto enthusiasts would be that 13’s isn’t fast.. but the modded Gen 2 Raptor is fast “for what it is”. If it was 2000... yeah, it’d be considered fast since Lightnings were pulling mid 13’s in stock form.

OP
OP
xrocket21

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
To me.. 9’s is fast.

13’s is slow.. compared to your ~$30-35k stock Mustang GT of today & competitors popping off sub 4-sec 0-60’s & low 12 to mid 11 1/4 miles in stock form. Yes, they’re cars.. but again, the modded Gen 2 Raptor is fast “for what it is”.. which is a full bolt-on, 6 cylinder, 5000+lb offroad truck.

It is subjective... but I’d bet the consensus of most auto enthusiasts would be that 13’s isn’t fast.. but the modded Gen 2 Raptor is fast “for what it is”. If it was 2000... yeah, it’d be considered fast since Lightnings were pulling mid 13’s in stock form.

Man, I dont even know what to say

comparing cars to trucks? comparing a 2wd, 2 door supercharged lightning to a quad cab offroad truck on 35s?

"for what it is" is a valid argument.

D3 SS 3D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For a truer representation, we should probably broaden our perspective and compare the stock Raptor to all stock cars, if we do that, I think it's fair to say that it's quick compared to most cars on the road, but not fast compared to the top 10-30% fastest cars on the road. Here's a pretty comprehensive list that can be used to get a sense of where the stock 1/4 14s time is across the general spectrum comparatively.

https://www.autosnout.com/Quarter-Mile-Car-List.php