Procharged Gen 1 6.2 Raptor vs JDM Tuned Gen 2 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
xrocket21

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
ProChargers suck ass. No boost at the low end, and a slow build up to redline when you finally hit peak boost. It's like you took the worst characteristics of a turbo and a supercharger, then combined them. Wait, that's EXACTLY what they did. It's easy to bolt on, cheap, and does make a bunch more power than stock, but that's about all I can say good about a bolt on ProCharger kit.

Turbos or PD blowers only for me please.

I think the sun was in his eyes, he was on low boost, custom tune is incoming, etc.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A pulley change on a ZR1 is "practically stock" too. We all know any factory boosted vehicle requires very small changes to make a *lot* more power, especially turbo vehicles. Running an aftermarket tune on a turbo charged vehicle is nowhere near "practically stock". A catback and an intake, OK sure. Upping the boost, timing and leaning out the factory rich A/F mix? Not so much.

Sernas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We’re running stock size pulley? Also was it a P1 or D1?

QUOTE="EricM, post: 1409582, member: 20286"]ProChargers suck ass. No boost at the low end, and a slow build up to redline when you finally hit peak boost. It's like you took the worst characteristics of a turbo and a supercharger, then combined them. Wait, that's EXACTLY what they did. It's easy to bolt on, cheap, and does make a bunch more power than stock, but that's about all I can say good about a bolt on ProCharger kit.

Turbos or PD blowers only for me please.[/QUOTE]

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We’re running stock size pulley? Also was it a P1 or D1?

Ain't my truck, dunno.

Either way, it's still the same style of blower- belt driven centrifugal, which IMO is the worst possible way of boosting a gas engine. There are some traction advantages to the lack of low end boost that some guys like, but ProChargers have always been a giant MEH as far as I'm concerned.

OP
OP
xrocket21

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A pulley change on a ZR1 is "practically stock" too. We all know any factory boosted vehicle requires very small changes to make a *lot* more power, especially turbo vehicles. Running an aftermarket tune on a turbo charged vehicle is nowhere near "practically stock". A catback and an intake, OK sure. Upping the boost, timing and leaning out the factory rich A/F mix? Not so much.

You're missing the point!

GEN 2 > GEN 1