Pro ceramic

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SKS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you didn't know, Ceramic Pro is suppose to show up on the Carfax vehicle history report, to help with the resale value (supposedly).

OP
OP
SamIAm

SamIAm

Reaction score
If you didn't know, Ceramic Pro is suppose to show up on the Carfax vehicle history report, to help with the resale value (supposedly).
I didn’t know about CARFAX but I do know it came with a certification and registered online, the installer said if I do a boost once a year that it’s warranties for the life of the truck, and quoted me at $300 and he detail the truck all at the same time

SKS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure you take it in for the annual inspection, if not, your lifetime warranty turns into a 5 year warranty.

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I decided to go with the silver package and no wrap because I have commitment issues, I have a hard time keeping vehicles. Definitely worth the money if you're planning to keep your rig for some years.

The way I see it, it's pennies to spend to protect now and if I keep past 10 years, pull it off and have a brand new paint job! Or cover again and go with a totally different color.

Instarand

Reaction score
I used Avalon King - a DIY ceramic coating that has very good reviews. It went on very easy - granted my truck was new and didn’t require too much paint prep other than a wash and alcohol wipe down on each section.

Avalon went on super easy and it said to last for years. It took me probably 4 hours from start to finish. Highly recommend although I cannot yet comment on longevity. Only been a few months.

DanT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dare I ask? How do DIY ceramic kits compare to detailer done ceramic?

If a can do the prep - iron contaminant removal, clay bar, polish then ceramic.

D

Deleted member 12951

Does just ceramic coating provide protection when off-roading and desert brush and branches?

SKS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does just ceramic coating provide protection when off-roading and desert brush and branches?

Ceramic Pro is not scratch proof but it does provide some protection. I think the best protection would be a paint protection film (Xpel). Check this video out.

Idaho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dare I ask? How do DIY ceramic kits compare to detailer done ceramic?

If a can do the prep - iron contaminant removal, clay bar, polish then ceramic.

From what I gathered before I did my coating, the stuff for "pros" is more concentrated and they will do many coats of it.

I ended up going with Adam's ceramic coating as on sale, it was about $200 for both the wheel kit and paint kit. I also spent another $100 or so on polishes and cleaning bits I didn't have with a polisher from amazon for about another $100. I figured for the initial investment, it was worth 1 day of my time and effort to get the results I did and it will be good enough to hang on for a year or two. That allows me to decide if I want to do a pro option at that time or try the home-use kit again.

At least for me, the single paint kit from Adam's did not allow me enough to do a full second coat if I wanted to. I did however coat everything really. Bumpers, plastics, paint, and glass. Also I don't have the pano roof so it was a lot more paint to coat and I noticed the ceramic spread much easier on glass than paint.