Pricing for first car!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MattRaptor

Reaction score
Hi guy, i go on the forum a alot to look at all the work that everyone has done to their amazing trucks!! I am new to the whole forum thing so this is my first post :panic: I am 15 living in South Florida and i turn 16 in around a month!!! :grape:

I know EVERYTHING about the raptor and followed it all the way from when it first came out.. (seen every video and review that the internet has to offer ) I am not a kid who has just looked at this truck and said that i want it because it looks cool... I am a car fanatic and have worked really hard with grades and at a company to try and help convince my parents :panic: i have a bout 15,000 dollars now but i will probably have about 30-32 k..
My parents want me to look at other stuff but being that i test drove it twice and tell the salesmen stuff about the truck that they dont know this is the truck for me!! so i think i will have to wait a little after i turn 16 until i get the raptor but if its about 30 there is a chance i could get it for my 16th birthday soo....

DOES ANYONE THINK THE 2010 5.4 RAPTOR WILL BE ABOUT 30-32 k if everything went right and options such as the orange inserts and graphics were taken away??!?!?!

LVdezertdawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MattRaptor, welcome!!!! I hope you are able to get your Raptor...keep working hard toward your goal and I hope that $30K will be about right when the new model year comes out. Good luck

NoCaDiver

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Matt.

You may be able to find one in that range however it will likely have high miles and very few options. As a starting point you can check eBay's listings for Raptors and also check out KBB.com and find out what they (used Raptors) are selling for in your area. Another concern you, or your parents, might have is insurance on the truck.

OP
OP
M

MattRaptor

Reaction score
thanks guys :) I saw a black one about 2 months ago for 34 with 20,000 miles on it n i was a bit suprised but never saw one like that again.. :( You guys are sooooo lucky that you are able to have this truck , i test drove it twice and everytime i sat in it or drove it, it just makes you laugh its crazy... ill convince my parents by paying for gas every week (make about 100 a week) so ill keep you guys posted.. THANKS!!

OP
OP
M

MattRaptor

Reaction score
I also read on here that insurance prices were great for an "F 150" ...
correct me if im wrong but the "regular" f150 got the top safety pick for 2010 :pepper:
I have also been taking drivers ed courses that lower insurance prices aswell

NoCaDiver

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Drivers ed will certainly help reduce your insurance rates.

According to NHTSA the F150 Scab rates a 69/100 for insurance loss (lower is better), while Regular Plus trucks averaged 94. So NHTSA rates it a "better" vehicle than some other pickups. LINK

IIHS did not test any trucks for 2010 top safety picks, but the F150 was a top safety pick in 2009. LINK

OP
OP
M

MattRaptor

Reaction score
thanks for that info!! Drivers ed isnt mandatory in my state so it deffinitley helps and i think that the raptor would be pretty good for safety because i dont think that there was a big change in the 2009 and 2010 models and of course you cant forget that the raptor is 7 inches wider but i dont know how the different fenders on the raptor compared to the regular model would do but hopefully noone finds out unless of course its the CRASH DUMMY!! :fight1: