Price increase?!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

m3h

Reaction score
We sold all 5 of our 801a raptors at 3k off sticker in a span of 2 weeks! All we have is one left

Wow that's pretty impressive. I'm wondering if its like others have been saying that people want to spend their stimulus/unemployment funds lol

OP
OP
M

m3h

Reaction score
This... and coupled with tax return and stimulus money, people are spending their money.

I just checked their site and it appears that the price is on its way back down - $54.2.

I see this on eBay from time to time. When a seller has watchers, they’ll raise the asking price and then lower it thinking it might cause someone to buy before the price goes back up.

PS - that’s a beautiful truck... love the color.

Yeah the color is beautiful and for being fully loaded at $49k I probably should've jumped on it. They'll drop their price back down in no time I'm sure. If you can't even sell it at $49k what makes you think you'll sell at $55k lol.

PlainJane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Raising the price is a tried and true method to get buyers to make an offer. If they under value, some prospective buyers will assume something is wrong with the vehicle.

NHDude4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I won't be surprised to see prices on used vehicles, especially enthusiast vehicles like the Raptor, jump a bit. The COVID slump is rebounding faster than expected for many dealers. If you wanted something cheap, early April was the time to buy.

Idaho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Checking the carfax report on the dealer's site, does it bother you that it's a buyback/lemon?

If it does not, check out Capital Ford in Charlotte, NC. It's a little bit of a drive from Atlanta but they have several with a buyback / lemon title for lower prices.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
texted the GM asking if this was correct and his response was "Yes, due to dynamic market adjustment".

Wonder exactly what that means. Possibly that prices on all vehicles on the lot move based on total volume of vehicles on the lot? In other words, we aren't overstocked anymore so we can afford to let vehicles sit on the lot longer.

JohnC12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Checking the carfax report on the dealer's site, does it bother you that it's a buyback/lemon?

If it does not, check out Capital Ford in Charlotte, NC. It's a little bit of a drive from Atlanta but they have several with a buyback / lemon title for lower prices.
Whoa... now that's a game changer. If it were me, I'd run in other direction... and fast!