Price increase?!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

m3h

Reaction score
So as a prospective owner I've been browsing and this 2018 Raptor in particular was on top of my list. I constantly receive e-mails from the dealer with pricing updates. When I first inquired the price I believe was 52k. Fair enough that pricing isn't too bad but since I need to sell my M3 first I didn't want to put an offer in. As weeks passed I kept getting constant price reduction e-mails which is expected during the pandemic. I had a feeling it'll keep dropping which would be nice, but today I got the most shocking e-mail. The price had increased to $55k! So they can't sell the truck at $49k so they decide to increase the price? I texted the GM asking if this was correct and his response was "Yes, due to dynamic market adjustment".

Has anyone ever seen this before?

https://www.hennessyford.com/invent...W1RG6JFB07289/Used-2018-Ford-F-150-Atlanta-GA

They haven't updated this listing yet

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/801616991/overview/

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Run from that sheister dealership. Plenty of supply.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
So as a prospective owner I've been browsing and this 2018 Raptor in particular was on top of my list. I constantly receive e-mails from the dealer with pricing updates. When I first inquired the price I believe was 52k. Fair enough that pricing isn't too bad but since I need to sell my M3 first I didn't want to put an offer in. As weeks passed I kept getting constant price reduction e-mails which is expected during the pandemic. I had a feeling it'll keep dropping which would be nice, but today I got the most shocking e-mail. The price had increased to $55k! So they can't sell the truck at $49k so they decide to increase the price? I texted the GM asking if this was correct and his response was "Yes, due to dynamic market adjustment".

Has anyone ever seen this before?

https://www.hennessyford.com/invent...W1RG6JFB07289/Used-2018-Ford-F-150-Atlanta-GA

They haven't updated this listing yet

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/801616991/overview/
Well, I guess it's like the old real estate saying, "you should buy land now, they ain't making any more of it."

BaseRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think April was the best time to purchase. We are slowly heading out of this economic mess and the dealers can smell it.

mchurch0211

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can affirm this is happening! I work in the car business and we had a record month last month at several of our stores ( paramount ford of Valdese N.C.) blew me away I thought business was going to slow down but instead it was the opposite! Same thing is happening this month

mchurch0211

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Think people are tired of sitting at the house maybe? Lol or they are taking advantage of temporary low rates?

mchurch0211

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We sold all 5 of our 801a raptors at 3k off sticker in a span of 2 weeks! All we have is one left

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I can affirm this is happening! I work in the car business and we had a record month last month at several of our stores ( paramount ford of Valdese N.C.) blew me away I thought business was going to slow down but instead it was the opposite! Same thing is happening this month
Yes. I am a home inspector, I have been busier in that last 2 weeks than what is normal for this time of year. There is certainly some pent up demand going on. Will it last though? I don't know, there are major retail chains going out of business. This whole "shut down" is uncharted territory. Nobody really knows what will come. If you can sell at full retail, or close to it, more power to you.

JohnC12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Think people are tired of sitting at the house maybe? Lol or they are taking advantage of temporary low rates?
This... and coupled with tax return and stimulus money, people are spending their money.

I just checked their site and it appears that the price is on its way back down - $54.2.

I see this on eBay from time to time. When a seller has watchers, they’ll raise the asking price and then lower it thinking it might cause someone to buy before the price goes back up.

PS - that’s a beautiful truck... love the color.