Price increase?!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Don S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a new 2019 two weeks ago. Before I went shopping, I checked all of the dealers within a 30 mile radius of my house (Los Angeles area) . There were 82 new Raptors for sale, about 40% 2019 and the rest 2020's. My nearest dealer, where I bought had a blue, black, grey and white Raptor on the lot. All with the 902a package and a few other options. They had been there for weeks, if not months. I decided I wanted the Magnetic colored Raptor and went into work a deal....bigger than sh**, they sold the white Raptor the day before. The sale kind of hurt my argument that they weren't selling any.

I eventually got $2K off, what I asked for on my trade and 4.4 % financing. I think I did okay, but you never know. California is brutal, as their tax and license is almost 10% the cost of the vehicle.

OP
OP
M

m3h

Reaction score
Checking the carfax report on the dealer's site, does it bother you that it's a buyback/lemon?

If it does not, check out Capital Ford in Charlotte, NC. It's a little bit of a drive from Atlanta but they have several with a buyback / lemon title for lower prices.

Wow I honestly didn't even bother to look at the Carfax, but thanks for pointing that out. I was also looking at a 2018 Audi SQ5 in TX. It's at a Buick/GMC dealer and come to find out the car was involved in an accident with severe damage.

Ron Lanza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got my 2020 802a SCAB with blue interior last month. MSRP $73,205
Got it for $66,500 !! Spent day’s searching the Internet and It was the only 802a SCAB with blue seats I could find anywhere in the
country. At least that I could find.3951F204-0438-465B-A079-42C2D2287DB1.jpeg24F0843A-AE44-42FB-8339-64A6B329DADA.jpeg 24F0843A-AE44-42FB-8339-64A6B329DADA.jpeg3951F204-0438-465B-A079-42C2D2287DB1.jpeg

Grimlock

Reaction score
I got my raptor last month and one of the dealerships told me that because of the Covid-19 pandemic, Ford has discontinued all raptors produced in 2020. Only the trucks on the lot were the last of the year to be made. I knew he was full of it so I left. Some dealerships just try any tactic they can to make the sale.

Traffic22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow I honestly didn't even bother to look at the Carfax, but thanks for pointing that out. I was also looking at a 2018 Audi SQ5 in TX. It's at a Buick/GMC dealer and come to find out the car was involved in an accident with severe damage.
While Car Fax isn’t always accurate, it can often be insightful. When I shop for used cars I always spend the money for one if the dealer doesn’t have the free link. It has saved me multiple times, including last month when I bought my Raptor.

I was actually in negotiations with a dealer about 4 hours from where I live on a 2019. Car fax showed front end damage. Asked dealer about it, he said bumper cover had been replaced from “small tap” of other car. After some more research and pressing the dealer I got a hold of the body shop repair order, 10k in front end damage including hood replacement, sensor replacement, and bumper bracket replacement, as well as a bunch of other misc work. Ran away from that truck fast.

Also, while not common, Car Fax can help you flush out an odometer roll back or vin wash. (If you don’t know, vin wash is when it has been totaled or salvaged, title rebuilt, then it gets shipped out of state and looks clean in the new state despite the problems. It also used to be a way to clean up the title on stolen vehicles, by registering in a different state when its been reported stolen in the original state. But that doesn’t happen as much now because the state to state tracking of VINs is better.)

Good luck with your search, be patient, the right truck will find you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

m3h

Reaction score
While Car Fax isn’t always accurate, it can often be insightful. When I shop for used cars I always spend the money for one if the dealer doesn’t have the free link. It has saved me multiple times, including last month when I bought my Raptor.

I was actually in negotiations with a dealer about 4 hours from where I live on a 2019. Car fax showed front end damage. Asked dealer about it, he said bumper cover had been replaced from “small tap” of other car. After some more research and pressing the dealer I got a hold of the body shop repair order, 10k in front end damage including hood replacement, sensor replacement, and bumper bracket replacement, as well as a bunch of other misc work. Ran away from that truck fast.

Also, while not common, Car Fax can help you flush out an odometer roll back or vin wash. (If you don’t know, vin wash is when it has been totaled or salvaged, title rebuilt, then it gets shipped out of state and looks clean in the new state despite the problems. It also used to be a way to clean up the title on stolen vehicles, by registering in a different state when its been reported stolen in the original state. But that doesn’t happen as much now because the state to state tracking of VINs is better.)

Good luck with your search, be patient, the right truck will find you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I appreciate the info. I'm def not in a rush at all to buy just browsing mainly since I need to sell the M3 still.

jeanco

2019 scab=gone,24 AMB 801A
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got my raptor last month and one of the dealerships told me that because of the Covid-19 pandemic, Ford has discontinued all raptors produced in 2020. Only the trucks on the lot were the last of the year to be made. I knew he was full of it so I left. Some dealerships just try any tactic they can to make the sale.

may be the guy is right!
Bronco is coming out!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir

Latest posts