Premiums coming down fast

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All the ones here that have adm are still on the lot and most have gone back to msrp. The ones asking $10k over have not moved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This thread had me excited, so I called/email a few dealers with trucks in stock and the best I could do was 5k over.

And that's why they still have them[emoji23]

VortexTed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping Ford will give up more allocations to the dealers. I've spoke to many dealers, including the small one that gave my allocation away, that they can't get more allocations for 2017 and they are sold out. Ford isn't even allowing the "retail" orders on these Gen 2's like they did in years past, which is why my dealer gave my allocation to someone else thinking she could get another one. Amazing how many dealers I talk to that think $20K ADM is the norm across the USA and believe their ******** saying they can sell them all day at $20K ADM.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like others have said the suckers will dry up soon. Do you think Ford is going to stop building raptors?!? Nope!

Look at how many GT350's are available now and that IS a limited production vehicle.

I'm thinking about keeping my 14 another year and picking up a GT350 or Grand Sport!!

Last edited:

Autophanatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like others have said the suckers will dry up soon. Do you think Ford is going to stop building raptors?!? Nope!

Look at how many GT350's are available now and that IS a limited production vehicle.

I'm thinking about keeping my 14 another year and picking up a GT350 or Grand Sport!!

Go for the Grand Sport, or better yet, make it a Z06. I have a '16 Stingray 2LT Z51, only 988 miles, and I plan on upgrading to a Z06 this spring. Base Vette is great, Grand Sport is greater, but why not go all the way for a Z06? Do I need all that extra power? Absolutely. :biggun:

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go for the Grand Sport, or better yet, make it a Z06. I have a '16 Stingray 2LT Z51, only 988 miles, and I plan on upgrading to a Z06 this spring. Base Vette is great, Grand Sport is greater, but why not go all the way for a Z06? Do I need all that extra power? Absolutely. :biggun:

Hehe yeah I hear yah! I have a 15 1LE with kooks headers and mild cam.

GT350, new ZL1 and Grand Sport are all relatively close in price. Really leaning toward the Grand Sport. The ZO6 is just mean but I like the corners more than just 1/4m so the grand sport is more balanced plus I prefer manual transmission for pure fun and to get the most out of the Z06 and keep it tame....?!? That almost requires the auto.....heck the...ZL1 might be the same in that regard...!

It is possible to get a used ZO6 for $71k, that's a bargain for the level of performance!!!! If I lived somewhere warmer that would almost make sense....lol

Last edited:

DocBach

Reaction score
I'm hoping Ford will give up more allocations to the dealers. I've spoke to many dealers, including the small one that gave my allocation away, that they can't get more allocations for 2017 and they are sold out. Ford isn't even allowing the "retail" orders on these Gen 2's like they did in years past, which is why my dealer gave my allocation to someone else thinking she could get another one. Amazing how many dealers I talk to that think $20K ADM is the norm across the USA and believe their ******** saying they can sell them all day at $20K ADM.

Complete opposite of what the dealer I went through told me. Said Ford is making as many Raptors as they get orders for. Explained that there isn't any "allocations," but pretty much all of the Raptors are being made to order and are sold before they're even made.

I dropped that I had xplan and zplan and was thinking about a Lariat under invoice, but would consider a Raptor at if there wasn't a markup as they'd still be making money off me compared to losing out if I used z plan to get a F150. Ended up ordering my Raptor MSRP.