Preferred Gear Oil for Front & Rear Differential

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 17706

HAHAHAHA

ok.

“out perform”
The guy from “Pinks” called, he wants his catch phrase back.

what tremendous “performance” advantage does amsoil have over RP......
I’ll wait... and laugh

Don’t know whats so funny? Run both oils and test them with an oil analysis for yourself.

The above isn’t in a scientific lab with perfect conditions, but it is one of the best unbiased tests one can do without having perfect conditions.

AMSOIL does an excellent job in how it maintains its performance after wear—the video demonstrates this fact. I didn’t say the out performance would be tremendous, so don’t set up a false narrative. Royal Purple is a good product. Just not as good as AMSOIL.

Raptor 2014

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why go thicker if the spec is 75w-85?
Nothing wrong with running 75W you will make more HP / less friction. I am usually in the desert where temps are higher so I prefer to run a thicker oil. I don't care about the 3 or so HP loss.

myersroofer614

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the past I have used Amsoil 80w-90 in the front differential and Amsoil 75w-140 in the rear. Royal Purple has 75w-90, not 80w-90. They have 75w-140, though.

I am concerned about the 75w-90 vs. 80w-90 difference, and also about the friction modifier.

Can anyone advise me, please?
So In my 2011 you're saying no friction modified

myersroofer614

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right. No friction modifier is needed in the rear differential of the 2011
Thank you for the response.. I needed clarification. I bought with 110k n I have 130.i want to go through all fluids, diffs, TC, trans, power steering, and thermostat n coolant