Pre-Production line shot of Gen 3 front fender/hood?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It’s a change for the entire automotive industry, you can’t name another specialty vehicle with more than one motor option

Very true. But in this case, I can see Ford doing it. It’s obvious as well. Take the crown back and sell your own 90-100k V8 Super truck. Offer the 3.5 Powerboost for people that don’t want to spend that much and want other things out of this truck as it offers now. Different times for sure, for the industry.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There will be no way Ford can use the same PB from the F-150 in the Raptor. They most certainly have to use the upgraded Lincoln system or yet better that.

Chazzersgarage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Assuming Ford goes with the Powerboost option as the standard engine, what does it add weight wise? With batteries, doesn't it require frame re-enforcement as well? I'm not familiar with the hybrid setups.

Kaz109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very true. But in this case, I can see Ford doing it. It’s obvious as well. Take the crown back and sell your own 90-100k V8 Super truck. Offer the 3.5 Powerboost for people that don’t want to spend that much and want other things out of this truck as it offers now. Different times for sure, for the industry.

Why do ppl think “ taking the crown back” means a V8 or more HP? To me taking the crown back means making a better performance truck.

So if a powerboost getting better mpg, is faster and better off road all while having a lower MSRP the TRX is still has the crown because it has a V8?

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Why do ppl think “ taking the crown back” means a V8 or more HP? To me taking the crown back means making a better performance truck.

So if a powerboost getting better mpg, is faster and better off road all while having a lower MSRP the TRX is still has the crown because it has a V8?

I’m not of that belief, but yes many are. I’d love to see the Raptor compete or do one better on the TRX with a V6 PB. But if it’s a measure of HP that needs to be right there, a supercharged V8 may need to be on the menu.

Of course the truck needs to be refined and we are already seeing suspension and interior improvements to come. Now that a lower priced F-150 Tremor is released. I think Ford may take the Raptor a lot further and with a lot more tech. Probably a lot more expensive as well.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m not of that belief, but yes many are. I’d love to see the Raptor compete or do one better on the TRX with a V6 PB. But if it’s a measure of HP that needs to be right there, a supercharged V8 may need to be on the menu.

Of course the truck needs to be refined and we are already seeing suspension and interior improvements to come. Now that a lower priced F-150 Tremor is released. I think Ford may take the Raptor a lot further and with a lot more tech. Probably a lot more expensive as well.
I agree, the Gen 3 will be more advanced than the TRX, I mean it's just a dodge anyway, what do you expect........

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There will be no way Ford can use the same PB from the F-150 in the Raptor. They most certainly have to use the upgraded Lincoln system or yet better that.

Why does can't the Raptor use the F150 parking brake?

:D

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Why does can't the Raptor use the F150 parking brake?

:D

PB? You kidding? Powerboost anyway. Why would you put the same 3.5 PB from the F-150 in the heavier Raptor? That can’t even be a thought within Ford. Certainly would have to be an upgraded version.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
PB? You kidding? Powerboost anyway. Why would you put the same 3.5 PB from the F-150 in the heavier Raptor? That can’t even be a thought within Ford. Certainly would have to be an upgraded version.

Yes, the smiley face meant that I was kidding. But seriously, I suspect a Gen 3 will have a better PB than the regular F150, but I don't know that they need to if the overall HP is higher.

Dustan

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The new F-150 tremor seems to have WAY more tech than the TRX. but the majority seem to just want 2 more cylinders.