Pre-Production line shot of Gen 3 front fender/hood?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It does look very exact, and not knocking it, but from that angle there doesn't seem to be much fender flare, as usual raptors, but I'm sure there is. Those look like a raptor hood and 2 regular cab hoods in the background too!

7six2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It does look very exact, and not knocking it, but from that angle there doesn't seem to be much fender flare, as usual raptors, but I'm sure there is. Those look like a raptor hood and 2 regular cab hoods in the background too!

I'm thinking the doors might bulge out more, thus beginning the front fender flare a little further back.

Reaction score
Another small detail that may surprise you is the running boards on the new Raptor will not be metal, instead a pultruded composite construction is going to be used.

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Isn’t this way too early for a 2022 model? I was going to bet almost anything that there would be no 2021 Raptor (still think that).

OP
OP
Big Blue

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Isn’t this way too early for a 2022 model? I was going to bet almost anything that there would be no 2021 Raptor (still think that).

It's not early at all for pre-production units. These will be tested and tweaked for months before the public ever sees them. Also, manufactures get creative with production year release months. It could be a 2021 but not released until the late summer or it could be a 2022 and be released in the fall of 21.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For better or worse (yet to be determined) the Gen 3 might be more streamlined and have fender and bed flares integrated into the body panels vs the Gen 2 which looks more like a modified design. The Gen 2 approach is what makes its look so aggressive and ****, I think.

The more integrated/bulged look is what apparently Ram did with the TRX and it’s not too aggressive in the styling dept.