PPF Buyers Remorse + I'm an idiot = I'm lost

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DFWRob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take it off. I had a similar experience with that same wrap that was put on my truck. Installer did a ****** job and the wrap looked bad. I took it home and took it off. 30 minutes and then a quick rebuff and all is good. A heat gun or some hot sunlight is your friend and makes it even easier.
Exactly what I was thinking. Amazon a heat gun and give it a go. That is exactly what I would do.

OP
OP
RaptorAU

RaptorAU

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Take it off. I had a similar experience with that same wrap that was put on my truck. Installer did a ****** job and the wrap looked bad. I took it home and took it off. 30 minutes and then a quick rebuff and all is good. A heat gun or some hot sunlight is your friend and makes it even easier.
Would it be okay if I let it sit in the sun for a bit then just start working it towards me to peel it off? Bumpers as well?

mobob

Reaction score
Would it be okay if I let it sit in the sun for a bit then just start working it towards me to peel it off? Bumpers as well?
That is what I did. I was careful and any where that was pulling back I hit with the heat gun real quick.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OP what’s the main problem here, you just hate the look?

If so, my first move would be to use a hairdryer or heat gun (preferably) and remove the ppf on the bumpers and rear 1/4s behind the rear flares. If you take your time and get it warm that should come off without issue. Then I’d reevaluate after that. I think it may look great with matte bumpers again and only gloss on the flares. Worth a shot as a first step.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah that's what I've been told. No matter if he takes it off or I do, it's coming off. Bumpers shouldn't be an issue though?
Just thinking out loud here but the bumpers and fender flares are areas that some members want line-x. I believe they make line-x in that gray color also. If I were in this situation, I'd pull the PPF coating myself and then have the parts Line-X instead of buying new or repainting to factory specs. Seems like it would last longer, be cheaper, and be much tougher when you stripe the side of the truck. Good luck OP.

OP
OP
RaptorAU

RaptorAU

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP what’s the main problem here, you just hate the look?

If so, my first move would be to use a hairdryer or heat gun (preferably) and remove the ppf on the bumpers and rear 1/4s behind the rear flares. If you take your time and get it warm that should come off without issue. Then I’d reevaluate after that. I think it may look great with matte bumpers again and only gloss on the flares. Worth a shot as a first step.
I think I’ve got two issues…

1) it’s been a week. Wait awhile and see how I feel after I get wheels in and 37s(that’s planned)

2) I need to allow the installer a chance to correct some of the imperfections in the PPF. Fenders I’m sure are a nightmare to do anyway.