Power washer??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Don't get a Craftsman one... I am a Craftsman guy and had nothing but problems with my power washer.

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

I bought mine at Costco for $299, I think.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would do Costco... when it brakes 6 years later just bring it back :)

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So gas is better than electric?

Gas pressure washers are capable of more PSI and GPM than electric. Most gas units are made of better quality parts (metal vs plastic).

Here is the break down of the different types of pressure washers suitable for residential use:

Electric pressure washer:
up to ~2400 psi
typically range $100-300
cheap plastic parts
not serviceable

Gas pressure washer with axial pump
up to ~3200PSI
metal parts for durability
typical range $300-500
limited serviceable parts

Gas pressure washer with triplex pump
up to ~5000psi
metal parts for durability
typical range $500-1500
fully serviceable

If you want something that will last and is versatile enough to handle anything you will need, I'd recommend a gas pressure washer. The things I'd look for are:
A good engine (Honda is a top choice here)
A triplex pump (AAA or CAT are good choices)
A reputable name is a plus (Simpson is my personal choice)
between 3200PSI and 3800PSI will do anything you could want.

A Simpson 3800PSI with a Honda engine and AAA triplex pump can be had for less than $1000 and will last 20 years with little more than oil and spark plug changes.

https://www.amazon.com/SIMPSON-Cleaning-PS3228-S-Pressure-Powered/dp/B0064VSFQU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1494958227&sr=8-1&keywords=simpson%2Btriplex%2Bhonda&th=1

Last edited:

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anyone know of a good wall mounted electric power washer? I am thinking about mounting one next to my water heater and using water from it's tank as that water is 'softened' from my softener and would give me hot water with less water spots. Arizona water from the hose bibs is worthless for washes!

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
Anyone know of a good wall mounted electric power washer? I am thinking about mounting one next to my water heater and using water from it's tank as that water is 'softened' from my softener and would give me hot water with less water spots. Arizona water from the hose bibs is worthless for washes!

It drives me absolutely crazy how hard our water is... have to dry your vehicle in t minus 30 seconds. I'm to cheap to put in a softener tho lol and I don't like the way it makes my skin and hair feel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk