power cuts in higher rpms?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's nice, but the engine doesn't have an airflow sensor (MAF) at all. It has absolute pressure sensors and in basic terms, the airflow is estimated based on the manifold pressure, the actual throttle plate position (not the pedal) and the rpms...

It is quite accurate if the initial Volumetric Efficiency (VME) calculations are set up properly.

Thanks, didn't know that. I wonder if an excessively oiled air filter can gum up the pressure sensors the same way it can an airflow sensor.

FORZDA 1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, didn't know that. I wonder if an excessively oiled air filter can gum up the pressure sensors the same way it can an airflow sensor.

I’ve never experienced it, so I can’t say for sure, but not likely the pressure section, but it can certainly affect the temperature bulb.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score

I think the amount of oil seen here is significantly higher than an oiled cotton filter just upstream of a MAS. So I think there is a possibility, but I think these sensors were soaked pretty good. Someone would have to be pretty ham ****** with the filter oil to mimic that.

Not sayin’ it can’t happen mind you... This -is- FRF...

OP
OP
M3sparky

M3sparky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just in case the oil on your air filter has screwed up you airflow sensor, you might want to spray the sensor down with the cleaner that has been specifically formulated for it. I think NAPA carries it. IF that's solves the problem, throw that oiled filter away.

i had returned that filter after a couple of days and got the dry filter in there now, the sensor seemed out of the way and around the bend of pipes so i didnt imagine it getting anything on the sensor, otherwise id still be getting power cuts now even worst i would think with the added power.