GEN 2 Potholes, speedbumps, curbs and alignment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmar311

Reaction score
Stupid question but just wanted to see what everyone else's thoughts are on this...so with my truck being a truck I treat it as such and drive it pretty hard. Parking up on curbs and running hard down roads with potholes and sometimes speedbumps I don't exactly slow down...cuz after all it's a truck built for terrain and speed.

Question is...is the alignment on these Raptors pretty sturdy and able to withstand the things I've described above? Doesn't seem to pull to either side so I think so far so good but wanted to see other people's experience with any alignment issues from hard driving.

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Our roads are badly beat up at the end of winter and I’ve seen some huge potholes. Some need a ladder to get out of lol

Hitting potholes, snowbanks etc shouldn’t be a problem since there’s so much tire and travel on the suspension.

I drive the same and don’t really slow down for stuff. I haven’t noticed any out of alignment issues. I guess as long as you don’t hit anything sideways hard all should be good.

OP
OP
jmar311

jmar311

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback guys.

Python - Thats exactly what I thought as well ....that due to tires and suspension travel that the major hits are pretty well absorbed. the good thing is that my last 'hard' hit was on a road under construction where the demolotion of one phase didn't ramp up to the next section of road and truck hit very hard. Was at night and I couldnt see it. With both front tires hitting equally I think my truck is fine but damn it felt like a hit a brick wall at first.

Are the cam bolts really worth it if you're an occasional offroader?

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think so, they are relatively inexpensive and even something like hitting a curb can move the LCA out of alignment in those slots...

Graeme

Reaction score
Stupid question but just wanted to see what everyone else's thoughts are on this...so with my truck being a truck I treat it as such and drive it pretty hard. Parking up on curbs and running hard down roads with potholes and sometimes speedbumps I don't exactly slow down...cuz after all it's a truck built for terrain and speed.

Question is...is the alignment on these Raptors pretty sturdy and able to withstand the things I've described above? Doesn't seem to pull to either side so I think so far so good but wanted to see other people's experience with any alignment issues from hard driving.

I’m just replacing the sway bar down link units for my 2017 truck due to pothole ridden roads in Scotland. Only done 20k miles. Bushes knackered.

F5BFEEB2-39A4-42CB-92AE-25AAC3A8191E.jpeg

Green Goblin

Reaction score
I have a 6 month old 2019 in Dallas. Yet to do any serious off-road, but just noticed yesterday my alignment is already off with just speed bumps, potholes, and the like.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our roads are badly beat up at the end of winter and I’ve seen some huge potholes. Some need a ladder to get out of lol

Hitting potholes, snowbanks etc shouldn’t be a problem since there’s so much tire and travel on the suspension.

I drive the same and don’t really slow down for stuff. I haven’t noticed any out of alignment issues. I guess as long as you don’t hit anything sideways hard all should be good.

How does the truck hold up with respect to squeaks and rattles? Is everything on your truck pretty solid?

xlr8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 6 month old 2019 in Dallas. Yet to do any serious off-road, but just noticed yesterday my alignment is already off with just speed bumps, potholes, and the like.

Man don’t even get me started on the Dallas roads. First month I moved here I sold my M3 and bought a truck. Roads are terrible and a huge change from the glass like blacktop around Nashville where I was before here.