Potential order delay?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J0shM1lls

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I got an email from my dealer today that kind of concerns me... How do you guys take this? Keep in mind I'm his first Raptor order and they put me in at priority 10.

Still no word on the “build date” for your Raptor.

My Inventory Manager is now concerned about our initial allocation,
and is still not certain WHEN we might expect more news.* :(

I will stay on top of him, and get back to you as soon as I know ANYTHING.

More soon,
Ron

Last edited:
OP
OP
J0shM1lls

J0shM1lls

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ughhh... I'm just kind of freaked out. I called him to find out what he meant exactly by "Concerned with initial allocation" and he said that they are going to have a meeting regarding their allocation sometime next week. I hope he doesn't try to tell me they can't get me a raptor after I've been on their list for almost a month... :banghead::emotions122:
Josh

imdubious

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I got one that said the order was not scheduled yet. But the 20th would be the earliest this could happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J0shM1lls

J0shM1lls

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah he told me it still showed "Unscheduled - Clean" so there should be no reason it wouldn't ship just like everybody else's amirte? 0.o

OP
OP
J0shM1lls

J0shM1lls

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tell me about it... The not knowing why he's questioning it makes it 1,000,000,000 times worse!:snoopfacepalm:

HARLEY6LF250SDU

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I got an email from my dealer today that kind of concerns me... How do you guys take this? Keep in mind I'm his first Raptor order and they put me in at priority 10.

I posted this back the first part of July, post # 28 http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f51/...sed-5-builds-w-pricing-here-14662/index3.html

First Build is set for 9/27/12 @ Dearborn F150 Truck Plant, BUT always subject to change. AND Ford will build some O/T 2 "For Dealer Stock" before they build O/T1 "SOLD" units.

This is totally normal. We are still just into Aug (6-8 weeks from early projected 2013 Raptor build time frame)

2013 F150 Urder Guide Updated 08/01/12
LATEST ORDER GUIDE UPDATES
• Cloth Bucket Seats w/Center Console & Manual Driver Lumbar is
now available as Free Standing Options for SuperCrew and
SuperCab
• Late Availability added for 17" Forged Aluminum Bead-Lock
Capable Wheel

• Cloth 40/Console/40 Front-Seats w/manual driver lumbar is not
available for Regular Cab XLT
• Updated Off-Road Package (55A)
• Updated Mid-Box Prep Package (55M)

randy

2013 F-150
•Start up
•September Commitment - 5 weeks production, allocation weeks: 31-36
•Commodities:
•3.5L EcoBoost DNE 41.3%
•3.7L DNE 5.7%
•Single Cab DNE 6.0%
•E Lock DNE 60.2%
•SVT Version Pack (Raptor) MUDNE 2.0%

----------
6. Commodity Guide
This will show the commodity mix for the Wholesale. Keep this in mind when ordering the units you have committed to.

Here is a quick explanation of the abbreviations and their meanings:
DNE - Do Not Exceed - Dealerships can schedule within the listed % range of their orders with this commodity
MUDNE - Must Use Do Not Exceed - Dealerships must schedule this percentage of orders with the listed commodity

---------- Post added at 01:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 PM ----------

Yeah he told me it still showed "Unscheduled - Clean" so there should be no reason it wouldn't ship just like everybody else's amirte? 0.o

Go back and READ ALL the 2012 Early Order Rapor posts.
I had 5 guys get their 2012 Raptor orders in 5 min's after the order bank opened. Aug 25/26th I think. But we/I could not rush or speed up Fords normal process. First builds started 1st-2nd week of Nov/11. Amd my FIRST
Pre-Sold 2012 Raptor order # W001 did not get build till middle on Jan/12.
BUT I had 8 "For Dealer Stock" O/T2 units build the middle of Nov.

Each Dealer and even Regoin, can differ by weeks or months, on how their allocation is handed out. If you find out WHY, :emotions122: PLEASE tell me............. LOL

randy

wac45

Reaction score
Ughhh... I'm just kind of freaked out. I called him to find out what he meant exactly by "Concerned with initial allocation" and he said that they are going to have a meeting regarding their allocation sometime next week. I hope he doesn't try to tell me they can't get me a raptor after I've been on their list for almost a month... :banghead::emotions122:
Josh

Well I ran into a dealer allocation problem last year when I ordered mine. I ordered 09-03-11 and took delivery on 04-05-12. ( which I think was just a couple of days after the order bank opened last year) I ended up talking to the Ford rep several times and it boiled down to an allocation problem for the dealer although I was the one that suffered the consequences by having to wait such a long time.

If I ordered another one I would find out a lot more about the dealer's allocation situation before ordering. They will string you along and the next thing you know it turns into a 7 month wait. Actually I would probably go through Randy as he seems to be a really staight shooter and extremely knowledgable on how to get his hands on new Raptors.

Even my 7 month wait was worth it, best vehicle I've ever owned. Good Luck