Post pics of your antenna mounts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SVTCALI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drilled my roof and installed an NMO mount.

LARSEN NMO-K | NMO MOUNT, 17

Really simple and the antenna screws off and can be capped when not in use.

This looks like what came with my radio and I'm about to run the cable. Any advice on the install? Also, what did you use as a cap? I can't leave the antenna on all the time because I park in my garage.

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
RaptorScrew, real clean setup, I like interchangable center dash piece. Is there a cheaper non-speaker one off base f150?

Made a small hoop out of 1" tube, runs across bedrails and mounts on a base. Use a 1/4 wave antenna on it daily. No conflicts with parking garages (angled, it sits only a few inches higher than cab), and no clarity complaints on runs at some distance (complaints about my ridiculous banter is another story). I do have a longer whip for a bit more distance but usually forget to change it and drags/clangs through my work garage

F6D2DA57-9D84-49A8-8D17-7F50D4E507FA_zpsa7ckmgz9.jpg

09EEA02E-CC3F-42C0-AFA8-F612337CDD98_zpskhxllbcx.jpg

JRaptor11

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am doing the magnetic antenna route for now. I am going to put it between the sunroof and the 3rd brake light.

Do I route the wire behind the 3rd brake light (coming up from underneath the light) or figure out some way to run it down to the vent on the back of the cab? I figured I'd go ahead and get a radio now since I am attending Snoball. In the spring I'll probably change the antenna mount to a more perm. location.

The radio I went with is the Anytone AT-5888UV (Decent price on ebay) and Comet-NCG M-24M.