Post all your 2017 rap problems here please..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pierceography

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Plastic oil pans replaced in production mid 2018 due to so many failures.
Valve covers had bad gasket and bad design which resulted in high oil passing. It will show as really smoky exhaust and oil consumption.
Also, keep in mind the 19s are exhibiting cam phaser failure now too. They have reports now of cold start rattles.

Yeah? Please cite your sources outside of a few forum members who've had isolated issues.

But since you can't, because... well, you're a troll... How about we speculate on something with a little more substance to it: How much longer until you're banned again? I'll put the O/U at 60 days.

SL75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah? Please cite your sources outside of a few forum members who've had isolated issues.

But since you can't, because... well, you're a troll... How about we speculate on something with a little more substance to it: How much longer until you're banned again? I'll put the O/U at 60 days.
So.... The oil pan specifically WAS changed by Ford because they had a high failure rate and went back to metal....... That is proof enough.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
So.... The oil pan specifically WAS changed by Ford because they had a high failure rate and went back to metal....... That is proof enough.

How about some proof that you actually have a Raptor or actually ever talked to a Ford mechanic.

You come here and contribute nothing. Your worth is nothing. Your value is nothing.

pierceography

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Evidence of change is not evidence of failure. There could be numerous reasons for the switch. Parts shortage, cost savings, weight considerations, etc.

Example: I have a camera lens that has an engineered plastic casing. Does that make the lenses with alloy casing worse? Or better?

You make a lot of claims on these forums, but absolutely none of them can be substantiated by facts. This includes, as smurf noted, your Raptor ownership.

SL75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is really funny hearing you talk yourself into the plastic oil pan not being a problem.
Plastic chosen over metal in this case is a cost savings. Then, you have all the reports of cracked and leaking oil pans across all the 3.5 ecoboost trucks. For Ford to spend the time and money to tool up a new metal oil pan part way through a model year is pretty telling. They knew they had a problem.

smurfslayer

Reaction score
But regardless of your trolling, you have only alleged a fact set. @pierceography is only asking for some actual facts that can be substantiated.

Not falsehoods like the premise that you have ever even ridden in a Raptor, real, truthful, provable facts

aalonso

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is really funny hearing you talk yourself into the plastic oil pan not being a problem.
Plastic chosen over metal in this case is a cost savings. Then, you have all the reports of cracked and leaking oil pans across all the 3.5 ecoboost trucks. For Ford to spend the time and money to tool up a new metal oil pan part way through a model year is pretty telling. They knew they had a problem.
Your reasoning is poor at best!! Here are two points of contention; Point #1, the failure is not due to the plastic oil pan!! The so called failure, which is not a failure, is a “leak”!! The leak is the cause of poor application or lack of adhesive “rtv” during assembly at the factory!! Once a proper bead of rtv is applied and the oil pan is properly installed, there are no more leaks!! I had mine re-installed at 7,500 miles and now at 46,000 miles is dry!! No leaks!! Point #2, what about other car manufacturers and other Ford models that use plastic oil pans?? Where is your reasoning and expert thinking on them?? Please teach us master or better yet, entertain us some more!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BIG TIME BALLER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well today Ford agreed to replace the truck, 23500 miles and a total of 34 days in the shop since new. Two oil pans, two driver side valve covers, two recalls, inoperable tailgate latch and recently she is getting loud at startup. I’m bummed because I love the truck. Now on the hunt for a replacement...

In Virginia...

I have a 2019 SCREW White/Recaros, beadlocks, 802A, 3000 miles... for sale.

SL75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your reasoning is poor at best!! Here are two points of contention; Point #1, the failure is not due to the plastic oil pan!! The so called failure, which is not a failure, is a “leak”!! The leak is the cause of poor application or lack of adhesive “rtv” during assembly at the factory!! Once a proper bead of rtv is applied and the oil pan is properly installed, there are no more leaks!! I had mine re-installed at 7,500 miles and now at 46,000 miles is dry!! No leaks!! Point #2, what about other car manufacturers and other Ford models that use plastic oil pans?? Where is your reasoning and expert thinking on them?? Please teach us master or better yet, entertain us some more!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because other manufacturers figured out how to do a plastic pan. Ford didn't get it right and had to go back to metal.

smurfslayer

Reaction score
Because other manufacturers figured out how to do a plastic pan. Ford didn't get it right and had to go back to metal.

It’s too bad you haven’t made it out of mommy’s basement yet. When you do, and get into the real word that the rest of us live in, you’ll realize just how stupid you actually appear to everyone else.