Post all your 2017 rap problems here please..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I thought they were rated for more than that. People are pushing 1k+ hp and 700+tq on mustangs with the same trans.
Stock ZL1 Camaros are 650 hp and 650 lb ft. I haven't even looked to see what modded ones are pushing.

Blusmbl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought they were rated for more than that. People are pushing 1k+ hp and 700+tq on mustangs with the same trans.

They can certainly handle more than their rating, Ford must just be conservative with it. Agree that the 10R80 seems to be holding up great in the Mustangs and Camaros. I believe all the hard parts are the same in the Chevy version, it just is controlled differently.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
Well today Ford agreed to replace the truck, 23500 miles and a total of 34 days in the shop since new. Two oil pans, two driver side valve covers, two recalls, inoperable tailgate latch and recently she is getting loud at startup. I’m bummed because I love the truck. Now on the hunt for a replacement...

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Well today Ford agreed to replace the truck, 23500 miles and a total of 34 days in the shop since new. Two oil pans, two driver side valve covers, two recalls, inoperable tailgate latch and recently she is getting loud at startup. I’m bummed because I love the truck. Now on the hunt for a replacement...

well it sucks but it’s good at the same time. At least they’re doing the right thing.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
Yep. Even with it in the shop as it’s been I love the truck, really it’s been the grease monkeys that haven’t fixed the issue the first time; but I might as well take advantage of the fact that it meets the requirements and the 19’s have hopefully updated the oil pan and valve covers. I just wanted to be open about my issues.

signalbobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep. Even with it in the shop as it’s been I love the truck, really it’s been the grease monkeys that haven’t fixed the issue the first time; but I might as well take advantage of the fact that it meets the requirements and the 19’s have hopefully updated the oil pan and valve covers. I just wanted to be open about my issues.
I think mid 18's updated the oil pan. dunno about the valve covers. what was going on with yours? Maybe jump into an 19.

SL75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Plastic oil pans replaced in production mid 2018 due to so many failures.
Valve covers had bad gasket and bad design which resulted in high oil passing. It will show as really smoky exhaust and oil consumption.
Also, keep in mind the 19s are exhibiting cam phaser failure now too. They have reports now of cold start rattles.