Post all your 2017 rap problems here please..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CatchMeOffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
may have similar problem but dealer says nothing wrong had a cam shaft sensor replaced a few months ago and I feel it has a knock sound from engine; any info how yours was diagnosed???

---------- Post added at 08:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 AM ----------

uuuuggggg. AC went out yesterday on a 90 degree day; not so bad but I took everyone out to lunch that day so I had to hear all the Ford jokes from my jeep and chevy co workers.

I have been asking the dealership the same question. I feel like it may have been a wild guess, and at this point they are just throing parts at it. Service advisor said "they cut cylinders individually and determined it was rod knock". Not sure he even understands what rod knock is (almost always caused by rod bearing damage due to spun bearing, oil starvation, etc). I'll know more about the diagnosis once I pick up the truck this week.

r3run33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been asking the dealership the same question. I feel like it may have been a wild guess, and at this point they are just throing parts at it. Service advisor said "they cut cylinders individually and determined it was rod knock". Not sure he even understands what rod knock is (almost always caused by rod bearing damage due to spun bearing, oil starvation, etc). I'll know more about the diagnosis once I pick up the truck this week.

thanks keep me posted; I have a tap which to me sounds like a diesel they say its normal but I don't buy it. AC was a quick fix loose hose

Sbags

Reaction score
I just finished reading through this thread because my truck is finally getting close to the 10k milestone. I noticed that several members are concerned about the rust underneath their trucks, but that's supposed to be there. I've owned quite a few trucks and jeeps in the past, and my understanding is that, for example, the driveshaft is supposed to be unprotected and should oxidize because a thin layer of surface rust protects from further corrosion (similar to weathering steel or Corten steel).

And I'm pretty sure any treatment beyond a rattle can would cause an unbalanced, and, as a result, vibrating driveshaft.

And lastly, it's a truck, why are we so concerned about the looks of the underside?

kenbrackins

Reaction score
None of my interior lights work from day one. I can't find a fuse for them ???? arrrrgh I am going to have to take it to the dealer for something like this and its going to turn out to be something stupid easy then they will think I am a simpleton.

Gunnzraptor

Reaction score
2011 raptor has whining coming from passenger side cam bearing or cam phaser..

I bought the truck with 96k miles. Routine maintanance was not done very much on this truck. Oil baked in the valve cover and head ECT.. Well, it sounds like the can phaser or cam bearing has gotten hot and whining. Anyone else had problems like this? Beat place to get cam phasers possibly cams and bearings?

Thanks

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2017 delivered in Dec 2016 - 20K miles

Experience has been great so far. Regular oil service every 7,500 miles. All recalls/TSB completed. Steering wheel bumps found at around 5 o'clock position and dealer will replace with new steering wheel under warranty. Also am getting No GPS graphic 2-3x per week when my iPhone is connected + no SYNC. Dealer reported that my truck doesn't have the "optimal" GPS module but couldn't replicate the issue. It's going back in this Friday for another check as I'm adamant about getting that corrected.

Otherwise, truck has been a dream to own for the past 1.5yrs.

k-rub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2017 w/ 27k miles. Transmission leak. Bad torque converter. Since the torque converter is on backorder with no ETA they are putting in a new transmission.