Post all your 2017 rap problems here please..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChrisJTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
17 here with 14k miles. Not a single problem... keeping fingers crossed.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
'18 purchased in oct. 7800 miles.

Minor issues: dash rattle ( fixed with rattletrap). Seat cover quality. ( on my second lower cushion cover).

Major: Truck is in the shop. Jumped timing. Low compression on Cylinders 4,5,6. Missing badly. Fouling plugs.

Truck will most likely need either a new head, or an entire long block.

Gargamel

Banned
Reaction score
Wow - reading through this list, it seems like there are quite a few bigger engine problems. I could understand the smaller sensor type things, but these are big dollar fixes. Thankfully customer is not on the hook for these but it definitely makes one wonder.

Firebolt

Reaction score
This has been an amazing truck. I did, however, have one issue with 4000 miles on the odometer. The passenger side turbo quit working and got a service now light. I took it to the dealership and they discovered that the turbo wastegate pin was too long. They ordered a new one and so far no more problems with the turbos. Truck now has 9500 miles on it.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck went in for a new relay and fuse block not getting power to fuel pump. Stranded.

My brothers 17 just blew its transmission on the way home Sunday. Stranded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shaggy97

Reaction score
When my t-case blew it gave me no warning, just blew up on the freeway. If it makes a loud thud when the noise stops then its probably the hubs locking and unlocking while driving, vacuum solenoid. At least from my experiences. Hope this helps.
Hopefully the dealer can replicate it and hear it.

My transfer case grinding started getting horrible and more frequent at low speeds so very easy to replicate for dealer so I took it in late June, tech found failed thrust bearing in transfer case. Replaced t-case and it didn’t make any noise for 2 weeks, but now the noises are back. Clearly didn’t find and fix the root case, so now we ruined a new t-case.

Did you get your grinding fixed? What was the case?

Had the exact same thing happen, it's been intermittent around 2k RPM. Keep us posted.

I have this right now as well. Just need to make some time to run to the dealer. The thud/grind is pretty serious.

How about you guys...fixed? Root cause?

signalbobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2018 new. at 22 miles just found out during PDI the truck had a rough idle. they replaced the fuel pump on it. sheesh.

jpv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Problems.

So, I figure I'd start adding to this thread as my issues have gotten a bit larger (potentially).

My first issue was the remote start no longer working via the remote or FordPass app. At first they stated wiring needed to be repaired (or wiring was loose). Their fix lasted about a week or two before I realized it no longer worked again (I don't use remote start often). I brought it back to have them fix the wires again, they ended up having to order a new battery monitor...which they ordered. A week later, they installed it...and I checked before I left the dealership - it worked perfectly. A week later, no longer worked.

While this was all happening, I had another issue which I could not reproduce. It was either related to the transmission or engine. I could not reproduce it, nor could they even see the issue...and therefore they could do nothing about it except tell me that it was "normal operation". Fine.

The engine/trans issue started to happen more frequently in the past week of my first issue above, so while on my way in for the 3rd repair of the remote start issue I was praying the engine/trans issue would occur. Long story short, they were able to experience the issue with me in the vehicle...which prompted them to review deeper into what was going on. After the initial day or two, they were able to tell me there was a stored code about oil pressure being an indicator and would call me back after investigating further. I have yet to hear back with any updates. I will call back this Friday to reach out (this will mark 2 weeks without the truck).

I'm starting to fear the worst here and have already been trying to research the possibilities of a buyback. :(

7100 miles on the odo at this moment

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTRaptor20