Possible Raptor orders at MSRP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raptor556

Reaction score
Some dealers simply won't go above msrp. I have a ford dealer an hour from me that sells at invoice, thats all day every day, no matter what type of order or already on the lot vehicle.

Just gotta find the ones that don't mark up, they are out there. For the ones that do, I get it.

If turds didn't pay over msrp, they wouldn't ask for it.

A good friend of mine has a buddy at the local jeep/dodge dealer here in town. He talks the guy up like he is wonderful for being straightforward with customers. was telling me just yesterday he will tell a customer once what the price is, if they don't like it, they can walk. the car manager said that is because he knows the next guy in the door will pay it.

Nothing we all don't know already, this guy is just out in the open about it. But it's all good, favor will swing back to buyers at some point.

Last edited:

tooloud10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A good friend of mine has a buddy at the local jeep/dodge dealer here in town. He talks the guy up like he is wonderful for being straightforward with customers. was telling me just yesterday he will tell a customer once what the price is, if they don't like it, they can walk. the car manager said that is because he knows the next guy in the door will pay it.
It's funny to hear about car salespeople getting cocky and rude with customers because of the current market conditions. If these conditions continue, they'll find that their jobs are unnecessary and can be replaced by an online order system based on available inventory/allocations.

A good car salesman can make pretty decent money, but if the dealer principle notices that's they've consistently been selling every vehicle they can get for a larger margin than in the past, there's no reason to pay a sales staff like in the past.

raptor556

Reaction score
funny enough, the sales guy at the dealership where my family member recently purchased a ford. 24/7 invoice only. told in person they have never been more profitable simply because they don't have 150 cars on the lot any more chewing up fees just to sit there.

OP
OP
2020LeadFootFL

2020LeadFootFL

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's funny to hear about car salespeople getting cocky and rude with customers because of the current market conditions. If these conditions continue, they'll find that their jobs are unnecessary and can be replaced by an online order system based on available inventory/allocations.

A good car salesman can make pretty decent money, but if the dealer principle notices that's they've consistently been selling every vehicle they can get for a larger margin than in the past, there's no reason to pay a sales staff like in the past.
These markets never last though. I can't fault dealers for marking up a little during high demand - MSRP is just the "suggested" price and buyers force them under that the rest of the time - but not $20K+, that's gouging. The difference between MSRP and Dealer Invoice is usually a few grand, that should be the maximum markup.

raptor556

Reaction score
Dealers have the right to charge whatever they want. You have the right to pay it or not. Pretty easy.

This market, like every other, will end sometime and the shoe will be on the other foot.

Hellscoot

Reaction score
Who are the dealers mentioned at Invoice and will they sell out of state with a Courtesy Delivery? Anyone of these close to Phoenix?

mike91

Reaction score
Read articles where ford and chip manufacturer Qualcomm said the chip shortage will be ending in the 2nd half of this year. That with an impending recession should make these trucks more reasonable to get

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Read articles where ford and chip manufacturer Qualcomm said the chip shortage will be ending in the 2nd half of this year. That with an impending recession should make these trucks more reasonable to get
Let’s hope so…

Tm2525ai

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah right, they aren’t getting chips for years, I’m in the industry.

My dealer just told me today they were informed they wont be building their alllcations this year at all now and are refunding me my deposit.

Hotrod-Realtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah right, they aren’t getting chips for years, I’m in the industry.

My dealer just told me today they were informed they wont be building their alllcations this year at all now and are refunding me my deposit.

That sucks. Will you be able to order a 2023?