Possible Alaskan Road Trip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I mentioned the possibility for taking an Alaskan road trip and I found out I'm not the only one dreaming of this trip. So I wanted to start a thread for people looking to discuss the possibility of an Alaskan road trip.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mentioned the possibility for taking an Alaskan road trip and I found out I'm not the only one dreaming of this trip. So I wanted to start a thread for people looking to discuss the possibility of an Alaskan road trip.

Very interesting... I think I could get into this...

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Any idea for an itinerary? How long is your planned trip?

Sounds like a blast.

MMC Racing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just mapped it - 3628.8 miles, 59 hr 53 min from San Diego to Anchorage

Only way I could think of doing this is ship my truck up there and fly up to meet it and then ship it back.

OP
OP
SVTRay

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was checking out youtube and ran across a small video talking about inspecting your vehicle before hand. Anyhow, near the end the gentleman pointed out how he installed a wire screen on the grille for his first trip to Alaska. He states here that during his first trip everyone would slow down on gravel roads and that if you drive defensively you should be fine without it.

This is cool but I would still love to have some kind of bra...even a type leather type will work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJif3SweYBE

OP
OP
SVTRay

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Spare Tire Thoughts.

As I started, I'm just now starting to roll this trip over in my mind.

One thing I'm thinking about is the unique tire size used on our Raptors. The Raptor does come with a spare but I'm thinking about buying an extra original wheel and tire giving me two spares. In the even something happens, it could take days for a dealer or tire shop to order one. I don't think room will be an issue either. I'm thinking either throw it in the bed of the truck or strap it down on top of the bed cover. I would also throw a can of fix-a-flat in the truck road side bag.

LVdezertdawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Ray,

Thanks for starting the thread, I will be interested in making this expedition. The Alaska Ferry is a possibility if time is an issue on a return trip to Seattle. I will post more info when I get some time. I have some links that may be of interest.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah good thought Ray. I've been talking about this trip for years and years. I've got a good friend who wants to do it on a motorcycle with his crew... I've told him forever I'd be his chase vehicle.

This would be the trip of a lifetime, no doubt about it. I just need to pull the trigger and make it happen. Maybe with my Raptor friends... :)