How To Portable gas can use with capless fill

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The "best gas cans" are the Sceptre military units which, unfortunately, don't meet Kalifornia's (and perhaps your state's) environmental laws. You can still find them for sale on the internet. Here's a pic:

DSC_0520.jpg

And you can move/transfer gas using the Super Siphon hose (Google it) which works nicely:

Super-Siphon.jpg

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The MIL spceptre are great tanks, and as of a few weeks back they could be had very reasonably, due to a ebay vendor price war.

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
my cheap canadian tire jugs dont work with capless filling. i use my fingers to pry the little knobs on the inside of the capless fill to open the door and stick the spout in there as fast as possible. its tricky when its a 35L jerry can and holding it in one arm

OP
OP
cups

cups

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my cheap canadian tire jugs dont work with capless filling. i use my fingers to pry the little knobs on the inside of the capless fill to open the door and stick the spout in there as fast as possible. its tricky when its a 35L jerry can and holding it in one arm

Thats what I want to avoid. Thanks

---------- Post added at 03:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 PM ----------

These will go right into the capless deal. No funnel or anything.

21P-KN7OnVL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

What is that?

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
More confused now.

Do you need that filler hose with the VP cans or do they work as is? If not, what is the part you need in addition to the VP base can? Thanks again!

JDUB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, you need that hose with the VP gas cans. That hose screws right to the top of the VP gas can lid. I would post a pic but out of town. Maybe Friday...

Attachments

• Unknown.jpg
    Unknown.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 403

Danactive

I'm Back!
Reaction score
Just got mine in from outlaw today and tested them out. I must say I would recommend to anyone looking for a 50 state legal, super easy to use and doesn't spill a drop of gas! Very impressed and now my scab can hang with the 36 gal screws on the trails!