FordPass App and Truck Moved from Dearborn to Detroit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tjsmith7692

Reaction score
Per various threads here, I input my VIN into the FordPass app. My truck left the assembly line 9/6/22 and has been on "Parts Hold" ever since. My dealer was later able to tell me it was awaiting microchips and fender flares. As of November 5, 2022, someone accepted the activation inside my truck, and the same day the truck was driven to a different lot in Detroit. Currently my truck now has 35 miles on the odometer. On 11/5/22, my truck was parked in a lot near a company called "Flex-n-Gate" and it looks like this company makes fenders and other parts.

Yesterday, 11/15/22, my truck was then moved less than a mile away into a different but much larger parking lot. This one though, has a rail track going through it, which converges with a much larger group of rail tracks. My Ford tracker still shows as "In Production" and Ford Performance says it's still on parts hold with an ETA of 11/13-11/19.

I tried calling my dealership in hopes they could contact the Zone Rep who would then contact the plant, but I was told that Zone Reps are no longer allowed to call the plant and that there's no update they can give me. I was hoping to see if anyone here has had any similar experiences and could offer any insight. I have seen a few horror stories on here of trucks being sold to other people after shipping, with no prior indication of it happening so I am a little worried my dealership might burn me.

Any insight or advice or anything would be greatly appreciated! This will be my first Raptor and this is my first time custom ordering anything, let alone my dream truck, so to say I am nervous is a bit of an understatement. Thank you all!

Fat_Kid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man, I wish I could give you some sort of hope, unfortunately, from my experience its difficult. Regarding the tracking tools and reaching out to dealers and the plant, these were all basically useless while I was waiting. And believe me, I tried everything humanly possible to get new information.

That being said, my truck was on hold forever, but once it started moving to other facilities and near railroad tracks, it shipped relatively soon after. I would say you're nearing the finish line and to just get your ducks in a row and be patient! It will eventually come! You can see my signature for more details.

Good luck, man!

xlover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its hard but rest easy.... If you have a VIN and on top of that a (mostly) complete truck you are way ahead of most. Assuming you also did a verified retail order (gave name, address, license, signed order sheet at order) its very unlikely your dealer will sell it out from under you now. Ford started being much stricter about penalizing dealers for not selling to the person that order was placed for.

OP
OP
T

Tjsmith7692

Reaction score
My truck just had the FordPass activated and it’s also next to a rail yard in Detroit.
Is it sitting at a lot at the corner of Grinnell and Winfield? I have tried looking to see what this parking lot could be, if it's just storage or if it's being prepped t ship but no luck sadly

OP
OP
T

Tjsmith7692

Reaction score
Its hard but rest easy.... If you have a VIN and on top of that a (mostly) complete truck you are way ahead of most. Assuming you also did a verified retail order (gave name, address, license, signed order sheet at order) its very unlikely your dealer will sell it out from under you now. Ford started being much stricter about penalizing dealers for not selling to the person that order was placed for.
Yeah, I found a dealer with allocation and signed an order sheet and paid a $500 down payment. That's good to hear that Ford has cracked down a bit on that, it's been one of my biggest stressors with all of this, to be honest.

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it sitting at a lot at the corner of Grinnell and Winfield? I have tried looking to see what this parking lot could be, if it's just storage or if it's being prepped t ship but no luck sadly

Attachments

• 701EB649-E779-43A9-989E-31CD7E243134.jpeg
    701EB649-E779-43A9-989E-31CD7E243134.jpeg
    185.2 KB · Views: 25